Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
yak fisherman
Junior

Bass Pro new sit/stand ascend kayak

So I was looking online today and saw that bass pro has a new kayak model from their ascend line fs128t. It sells for $699 and has a lot of new cool fetures on it. Has anybody else seen this either on the web or in person. I have the regular fs12t model and I wonder how this new one compares. Both are rated for 350lbs but the new model has two extra fishing rod holders, a new adjustible seat wich looks mighty comfy, a lot more storage and a bunch more cool new stuff. So check it out and see what you think because it seems prety nice and im glad their making a new ride that looks like it can compet with the big boys (hobie, cobra, ocean, malibu, wilderness systems, etc.). Check it out and tell me what you all think.

Happy angeling...cheers
yak fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
easyday

http://m.basspro.com/Ascend-FS128T-S...5321115/654605
Old 05-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
blitzburgh

I can tell you that I have examined this yak in person, fairly extensively. It has the right idea but is still far from a polished product. I would wait for the next generation of these. When Bass first released their original Ascend Kayaks (SOT & sit in) they were OK. They learned, and copied what others were doing and produced a much better product on their following tries. This yak is somewhere between trying to be a PA and Jackson Coosa or something. Looks like it will be a pig to paddle. It does however, look to be a perfect candidate for a trolling motor, although at 84lbs and only a 350lb max cap you'd have to be very selctive with how you would rig it. Perfect for the freshwater. All in all, there are many cool features of the yak but there is definitely room for improvement.