Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2017, 01:19 PM   #21
Snags

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPevin View Post
Saw a couple breaching while we were out as well.
It made up for the slow fishing. Never know what the day will bring.
Sorry about the thread jack.
See you out there
Snags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:41 AM   #22
DPevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snags View Post
It made up for the slow fishing. Never know what the day will bring.
Sorry about the thread jack.
See you out there
Definitely made up for some slow fishing. There was good swell when we were out too, and Killer Dana was breaking. So to break up that son of a paddle back we stopped for a bit and watched the waves. It looked alright.

Always the nice thing about Dana. Usually lots of life and good scenery. Love living there. Fishing can be rough. Definitely have to put in your time, figure its little quirks out and get it while its good. At least that is what I am starting to figure out hah.
DPevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:32 PM   #23
InfidelYak

What's this pipe you're referring too??
InfidelYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #24
DPevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelYak View Post
What's this pipe you're referring too??
Steveooo posted this in multiple threads about it and its pretty much the best description I came across when researching Dana.

"The Pipe- A reef structure that extends from the "rivermouth" at Doheny to the area that it dumps in about 90 ft deep. The area that it dumps in is almost directly west of the tip of the long jetty but for the most part is is just slightly south of the harbor. Right now it is easy to find. Go to the red buoy in front of Doheny, then look south west. It will be littered with lobster Buoys. Those buoys are a good place to start, but make sure you are either directly on the structure, or on the same side of the structure that the fish are on. 30-60 ft has always been the most productive for me. There is a nice section in 40 ft of water, that the reef comes up to about 25 ft that has been good to me, but it is the most snaggy bottom I've ever seen. Be prepared to lose alot of tackle in this area. It can be costly, but worth every penny."

If you don't have a FF, right now is a good time to find it. Like he said the lobster buoys will be on it. Just drop a pin on your phone's map and save it and you can get back to it if you don't have a FF/GPS. It goes out pretty deep all the way to the barber poles....when you get out to 40-60 ft of water depending on the conditions you will see the barber poles if you follow the path of the pipe.
DPevin is offline   Reply With Quote