Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
sasha

Neptun net / Leo Carrillo

I'm thinking about hitting the county line this weekend. Last time I done it I launched at Leo Carrillo, Coming back with all the rocks in the way was not fun in low tide. Also the big thing is getting the stealth 14 down the stairs and then back up after a long day on the water is just a killer.
I were thinking it might be easier to launch across the street from the Neptun net.
Anyone done it before??? an Advice would be great.
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Leo is the easiest launch point, if your launch at county line # netptune restaurant the waves there can mess you up.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
CaliHalikiller

I fish both spots religiously Leo is easier the stairs are easy just do it trips rods and everything first then haul empty yak I have a extreme 15,and its pretty easy county line is a harder launch I have launched there plenty of times but need to make sure you watch for a lull in the set good luck
CaliHalikiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #4
jorluivil

If you don't mind walking a little you can always take this path and avoid the stairs. I've taken the path a couple of times, its not short or long but it seems to be easier than making 2-3 trips up/down those stairs

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #5
sasha

Thanks guys... I guess its Leo for me.. Would check out the longer walk so not to use the stairs. The kayak is too long to balance.
Anyone wants to join some on the water time.
Planning on getting there on the 8/2. Should be great weather.
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
ZUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
If you don't mind walking a little you can always take this path and avoid the stairs. I've taken the path a couple of times, its not short or long but it seems to be easier than making 2-3 trips up/down those stairs

LOL that's like a 1/4 mile.You still will need to walk a couple hundred feet south of the stairs to the little patch of sandy beach with no rocks!!

Or you can pay to park on the north side of the point which will put you on the waters edge just 50 feet or so from the car.Last time I was there it was 12 bucks(not sure now).It does get shore pound there but is doable!!!They gave us our money back at the rangers gate one time because the shore pound was to hairball.We were just there for a few minutes.You could probably ask them for a 15 minute pass so you can check it out!!Google map the area and see what I'm talking about.

I won't launch county if its over 2 feet.I know that sounds small,but its a beach break and it breaks further out.Getting out not to much of an ordeal,but coming back in will probably get ya.Not to mention the obstacle course of surfers this time of year.
ZUMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #7
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
LOL that's like a 1/4 mile.You still will need to walk a couple hundred feet south of the stairs to the little patch of sandy beach with no rocks!!

Or you can pay to park on the north side of the point which will put you on the waters edge just 50 feet or so from the car.Last time I was there it was 12 bucks(not sure now).It does get shore pound there but is doable!!!They gave us our money back at the rangers gate one time because the shore pound was to hairball.We were just there for a few minutes.You could probably ask them for a 15 minute pass so you can check it out!!Google map the area and see what I'm talking about.

I won't launch county if its over 2 feet.I know that sounds small,but its a beach break and it breaks further out.Getting out not to much of an ordeal,but coming back in will probably get ya.Not to mention the obstacle course of surfers this time of year.
I don't really care, it beats having to carry my PA up the stairs.

Sasha is looking for options, that's what I provided.

Last edited by jorluivil; 07-29-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:47 AM   #8
wiredantz

Quote:
I don't really care, it beats having to carry my PA up the stairs.

Sasha is looking for options, that's what I provided.
Jorge, why not just put those big wheelez for good use. Just walk your PA wheels first, down the stairs. Those wheelez wheels are as big as each step anyways. Save the strain on your back and the long walk. Now coming back up is another thing...

but if you just want to make one trip, then why not.

You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 07-30-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
Jorge, why not just put those big wheelez for good use. Just walk your PA wheels first, down the stairs. Those wheelez wheels are as big as each step anyways. Save the strain on your back and the long walk. Now coming back up is another thing...

but if you just want to make one trip, then why not.
Seriously? Obviously, you know nothing about back or shoulder injuries.

Do you really think hauling a 160lb kayak up/down a flight of stairs is going to be easier on your shoulders or back than simply wheeling it on sand, dirt or cement......even if it is a 1/4?

Come-on Darth-Lord Nacho................get a clue

Old 07-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:

Do you really think hauling a 160lb kayak up/down a flight of stairs is going to be easier on your shoulders or back than simply wheeling it on sand, dirt or cement......even if it is a 1/4?

Darth-Lord Nachos
Kind of sounds like a late night dish from TACO BELL.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #11
wiredantz

Quote:

Quote:
Just walk your PA wheels first, down the stairs. Now coming back up is another thing....

I never said up, I said down

But on the other hand I don't have a PA14, so I can't and won't feel your pain when walking the 1/4 mile on hot sand. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by wiredantz; 07-30-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #12
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

I did the stairs once with an empty 10' yak and decided to walk the distance after that. The time saved, which wasn't really all that much considering how slow I took the stairs out of safety, wasn't worth the strain of hauling that much weight up/down the stairs.
WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #13
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Darth-Lord Nachos
Kind of sounds like a late night dish from TACO BELL.
Wrap that son' bitch' in a quesadilla with a couple of flame'n hot fritos....now your talk'n!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:13 AM   #14
momo fish

If the surf is low as it has been recently then county line is the way to go if you are patient and time it right. Problem with county is the breaks are not consistent and they will break at 30 feet and then at 5 feet. And when they break, they break fast and strong and can knock you back and over quick.

That being said, it's doable in your kayak as it will barrel through the waves as long as your pointing straight and paddling through the waves. It's shorter walk and if you intent on only fishing county line then this is your place.

That being said it's best you stick to Leo. The stairs are a bitch but the surfers are all cool guys and you can ask anyone to help you carry your kayak up or down. I have done this in the past and always had help with my old stealth. I do like Jorge's idea (duh moment for not thinking about that since I'm there often and use the restroom right there).

Coming in there is a spot that is sandy which you can land or launch and still close to the stairs. You will see an exposed rock south of the stairs. A few feet north of that rock is all sand and perfect for landings.

If I'm there this weekend I can help you launch out from either county or Leo depending on conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha View Post
I'm thinking about hitting the county line this weekend. Last time I done it I launched at Leo Carrillo, Coming back with all the rocks in the way was not fun in low tide. Also the big thing is getting the stealth 14 down the stairs and then back up after a long day on the water is just a killer.
I were thinking it might be easier to launch across the street from the Neptun net.
Anyone done it before??? an Advice would be great.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #15
wiredantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Wrap that son' bitch' in a quesadilla with a couple of flame'n hot fritos....now your talk'n!
why don't you go sink your kayak again...

Last edited by wiredantz; 07-30-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #16
jorluivil

Quote:
why don't you go sink you kayak again...
Frank, your so upset that you're starting to right like yakjoe

Old 07-30-2014, 10:35 AM   #17
wiredantz

Quote:
Frank, your so upset that you're starting to right like yakjoe

Last edited by wiredantz; 07-30-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #18
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
why don't you go sink your kayak again...

First of all I never sank my kayak.

Second of all...

Don't you dare ever fish county line ever again, or else. The word is out on you Frank....

Old 07-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #19
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Tony, not sure that would work, it might turn all their yaks into jet drives.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #20
bwana

bwana is offline   Reply With Quote