Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #41
MrM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoT View Post
Does anyone know when the next factory blem sale will be? I am looking at getting a new kayak to start the addiction.

Tommy
AKA: CamoT
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytuber4 View Post
Good question. Id like to know that answer myself
Check out this. Blem sales come randomly. Often times we hear about them the week of. There are plenty of great deals on kayaks that come WITH gear on a weekly basis.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #42
tacmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
As long as you have a bed extender for support of the Kayak, and a red flag it's not that bad at all. I have a Prowler 15 and a 6' bed on my truck. That being said I have 9' of kayak sticking out the back of my truck, supported, and legally setup with red flag. Make sure it's secure and no worries. It saves a lot of time loading and unloading.
According to the CHP. Your kayak cannot extent more than half the length of the vehicle that you are using. In other words, if your truck is 16 ft. long (not including the bumpers) the yak can extend 8 ft from the end of the bed, not counting the tailgate. I went down to their office and checked when I got my T-13. Also you must have a red light onthe back of the yak at nightr and a red flag during the day. The use of a bed extender does not let you stick out any further. I used to use one but got tired of it dragging on the ground everytime I hit a bump or go over a dip. Now I just attached a pool noodle to the tailgate for protection and tie it to the truck.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #43
dbarnett66
Danodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmik View Post
According to the CHP. Your kayak cannot extent more than half the length of the vehicle that you are using. In other words, if your truck is 16 ft. long (not including the bumpers) the yak can extend 8 ft from the end of the bed, not counting the tailgate. I went down to their office and checked when I got my T-13. Also you must have a red light onthe back of the yak at nightr and a red flag during the day. The use of a bed extender does not let you stick out any further. I used to use one but got tired of it dragging on the ground everytime I hit a bump or go over a dip. Now I just attached a pool noodle to the tailgate for protection and tie it to the truck.
Thanks a bunch. I did buy the bed extender. It turns out that I can transport a Kayak just over 15 feet if I want to. My truck is 19 feet long. The Bed is 6.5 feet. The Malibu X-Factor is 14'4". So by my fuzzy math, I would have 7 feet 10 inches over hang but I am allowed 9 feet. So I have 14 inches to spare!

Xfactor - 172 inches
Truck bed - 78 inches

XFactor - Truck = 94 inches overhang = 7 feet 10 inches.
Allowed - 108 inch overhang

I can find a kayak that is 1 foot 2 inches longer......lol
dbarnett66 is offline   Reply With Quote