Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Heroes On The Water - So Cal Chapter
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
Cbad
HOW account for Cbad Mike

Mother Nature came to our event

Mother Nature threw us a curve ball today that we are not used to here in Southern California.
It rained and when I say rained I mean POURED with big time thunder and lightning.
Although our event day was cut short due to safety concerns I'm happy to say that while it was a short event it was a full one.
There were still plenty of smiles on our 40+ guest's faces even after only spending a couple of hours on the water. Our lunch which was made up of chips and salsa, a tossed salad, beans, and our signature fresh fish tacos was enjoyed by all as it started to rain.
Thankfully it was right after lunch that the sky really opened up.
Our team of great volunteers and even a few of our event participants didn't let the massive downpour or the thunder and lightning stop them from getting the job done of loading up the trucks and trailers.
Today was just a reminder of how lucky we are to live in a region where we sometimes take the beautiful weather for granted.
Our wet hats are off to the other chapters that deal with this kind of foul weather on a regular basis.

Last edited by Cbad; 07-19-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Cbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:15 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

sorry I missed all the excitement we ended up getting the rain up here at 2 pm, had to shut down the rentals with the thunder and lightning, guys had to put everything away in the rain.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:41 AM   #3
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Great Day!!

This really is a testament to all of our veterans/volunteers and mentors. We still had 40+ people show up despite the terrible weather. I want to give a shout out to all of the guys and gals who stuck it out and helped pack up all of our gear despite most being soaked to the bone. It really shows the commitment you all have to this cause. These are no fair weather friends, these folks made sure that all the participants were safe and comfortable , that they all got a great meal, and they left knowing that we are committed to helping our veteran community rain or shine! Thanks Again to all those who stuck it out and loaded things up through the rain, lightning and thunder. Cant wait to see you all on the next event!

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
tacmik

I haven't seen anybody that wet since George tried to land at La Jolla. Thanks to all who helped get everything loaded after the event. Above and beyond duty.