Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2016, 03:01 PM   #21
nickc5

The only kayak fishing show on TV and nothing but haters from here. Ya the show could of been better in many ways, buts it's on TV. I enjoyed some things and disliked many, but that isn't going to take away that kayak fishing in HAWAII is on national television. Not to mention on the discovery channel.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452124450.221180.jpg

Couldn't of said it any better. Why not spread the aloha other then the bad vibes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:30 PM   #22
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Haters
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:58 PM   #23
Rambo

Hey, the majority of us tune into watching a few mins, a few episodes, so I thought we were supportive of the kayak community. I myself watch all the episode but when the story line, editing, and reality tv drama does not blend well, its time to can that Sh*T and start all over. Hit us with something better to keep us tune in. Your first episode should be set the stage to keep viewers intrigue and wanting to follow along, but I gotta say I enjoy seeing a youtube clip better than the crap they try to pull on pacific warrior.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:01 AM   #24
LBKayakDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc5 View Post
The only kayak fishing show on TV and nothing but haters from here. Ya the show could of been better in many ways, buts it's on TV. I enjoyed some things and disliked many, but that isn't going to take away that kayak fishing in HAWAII is on national television. Not to mention on the discovery channel.

Attachment 17989

Couldn't of said it any better. Why not spread the aloha other then the bad vibes?

Because the show rarely showed actual kayak fishing and mainly focused on a bunch of made up drama and guys arguing like children. So we're supposed to be grateful and all aloha because our awesome sport shows up on tv and it's pure crap? I think not! They turned something good into something not good and that was disappointing . All that effort and good cinematography but they had to make it just another over dramatized reality show. Sad that this is what tv has come to and yes there will be "hating" They deserved it.

LBKayakDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:23 AM   #25
Iceman
Administrator

I find the blog post to be laughable. The premise of this show had great promise, production caused it to fail. They did not even have to get people to like it, just to watch it. They failed to utilize their greatest asset, the experts they had in front of the camera, obviously consulting them would have steered things in the right direction. We would not have to be told to focus on the Aloha if the show actually did.

I watched every episode, not my fault.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:34 AM   #26
jruiz
Large Member

Aloha, thank you so much for featuring a show on kayak fishing. I'm so grateful. Wait let me grab my ankles.

Last edited by jruiz; 01-07-2016 at 12:31 PM.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:02 AM   #27
Harry Hill

that show died because it wasn't about kayak fishing, it was a silly soap opera on the water. The only reality show worse is that family of squatters in Alaska. It had terrible editing, a contrived story line, a players no one cared about except for maybe Kimmie.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #28
Jim Sammons LJKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc5 View Post
The only kayak fishing show on TV and nothing but haters from here. Ya the show could of been better in many ways, buts it's on TV. I enjoyed some things and disliked many, but that isn't going to take away that kayak fishing in HAWAII is on national television.

Only kayak fishing show on national TV????? hmmmm.

I've, been on the air on WFN for 7 years and NBCsports for 5 years. Internationally syndicated in 55 countries.
No Drama just kayak fishing in cool places.
Because our show is a fishing show not a reality show we are certainly more commercial, we have to be to pay the bills, but I am pretty proud that my little show has been on the air longer than the original Star Trek was. lol

I was not a fan of PW only because of the manufactured drama and the piss poor editing.
I have talked with some of the guys from the show and they were not exactly happy with how they were portrayed either. Is it a shame it didn't succeed but there was some cool aspects to it and of course brought our sport more mainstream.
Isaac worked hard to get that show going and I mostly feel bad his dream didn't really blossom, but I think he will keep charging and do just fine.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #29
nickc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post

I've, been on the air on WFN for 7 years and NBCsports for 5 years. Internationally syndicated in 55 countries.

Because our show is a fishing show not a reality show we are certainly more commercial, we have to be to pay the bills, but I am pretty proud that my little show has been on the air longer than the original Star Trek was. lol

I was not a fan of PW only because of the manufactured drama and the piss poor editing.

I have talked with some of the guys from the show and they were not exactly happy with how they were portrayed either. Is it a shame it didn't succeed but there was some cool aspects to it and of course brought our sport more mainstream.

Isaac worked hard to get that show going and I mostly feel bad his dream didn't really blossom, but I think he will keep charging and do just fine.

My bad. Forgot to give u kudos. Been following Isaac and yourself since videos have been uploaded to YouTube. The sole reason why I kayak fish today.

I'm just tryin to see the positive out of all this. Regardless of all the flaws the show presented.

nickc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #30
Billy V

I watched the show a couple of time - but could not take the unrealistic drama.

Now if the producers simply hauled their cameras over to La Jolla and let things roll, they would have gotten an eye full of -How it's Done.

Back in the hey day when Jim used to fish local, Moyer, Adi, Mad Scientist, darkhorse, iceman, Pat Holmes, Jonny Cerviche, Larry Lauman, Dorado50,
SteveO, Brendt, Fu@kin Arne, Paul Lebowitz, and many, many more......

Now that crew would have made a great Kayak Fishing Show.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #31
jorluivil

Quote:

Because our show is a fishing show not a reality show
we are certainly more commercial, we have to be to pay the bills, but I am pretty proud that my little show has been on the air longer than the original Star Trek was. lol

and that's your show is still around

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #32
taggermike

An episode? Even with the great photography and fishing I could barely finish the trailer. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:49 PM   #33
jorluivil

I can't figure out why someone is complaining about the viewers that are complaining. What market share were they expecting to grab? Soccer moms who are already hooked on episodes of House Wives of _ _ _ _ or the viewers that are already hooked on shows like The Walking Dead?

Who is going to watch a reality show about kayak fishing? Well, I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I'm guessing that current kayak fisherman will be the ones watching. We will pick that show apart like Monkeys who are picking through their babies hair and pulling out the fleas.

I could be wrong but I believe most people start losing attention at about 10 minutes and once you lose them its almost impossible to get them back. I know that I watched 10 minutes of the 1st episode and never watched again. Perhaps the show will resurrect itself and they will change the format and remain focused on just one spot like Hawaii.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:10 AM   #34
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Wow, it seems that people are more disappointed that the show was a let down more than the fact that it's not going to air again.

Set up your DVR's for this show starting Jan 17th!

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/local-knowledge/

Sundays at 7am on Destination America HD Starting January 17th, 2016

The new fishing show Local Knowledge brings a fresh perspective to outdoor shows. Follow hosts Ali Hussainy of BD Outdoors and Capt. Rush Maltz of Odyssea Charters in Key West, Florida as these two friends from opposite ends of the country fish destinations both on and off the beaten path. Each of them is dialed in to their local fishing scene, but the the playing fields are leveled as they explore the fishing, food and people in new places.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #35
Iceman
Administrator

Kind of kills the collaboration idea that Anthony Bourdain and I have been discussing, darn it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Wow, it seems that people are more disappointed that the show was a let down more than the fact that it's not going to air again.

Set up your DVR's for this show starting Jan 17th!

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/local-knowledge/

Sundays at 7am on Destination America HD Starting January 17th, 2016

The new fishing show Local Knowledge brings a fresh perspective to outdoor shows. Follow hosts Ali Hussainy of BD Outdoors and Capt. Rush Maltz of Odyssea Charters in Key West, Florida as these two friends from opposite ends of the country fish destinations both on and off the beaten path. Each of them is dialed in to their local fishing scene, but the the playing fields are leveled as they explore the fishing, food and people in new places.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:08 PM   #36
skrilla

Quote:

Beat me to it.

Jim, any chance at having some of the PW cast as guests on your show? Show the D channel how its done.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #37
StinkyMatt

Guy wakes up at 3am

Guy stops at 7/11 to get hot coffee

Guy unpacks a bunch of gear on beach at 5am

Guy paddles a kayak through some surf after watching the waves for 15 minutes (maybe gets his hat wet if it's big surf)

Guy sits in one spot catching little bait fish and puts them in bucket

Guy moves kayak around for 7 hours

Guy eats sandwich

Guy puts rods away

Guy lands kayak on beach ( maybe flips kayak in 2 feet of water if it's an exciting day)

Guy drives home

Every 3rd episode(optimistic) the Guy catches a bigger fish. The next YT looks almost exactly like the previous YT.

Let's face it, this may or may not be the best material to make into an exciting TV show. Unless you do it, you probably would not be interested too much.

P.s. Guy goes online to talk about fish he did not catch!. (There is TV potential here)
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:56 AM   #38
Rambo

They will add southern cali barbies with fake boobs and butts to fish on boats and kayak to make it as interesting as the desperate housewives of so cal. Or maybe they'll cast Luiza Barros which will make it more interesting.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #39
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

I can't wait for the next water-spotted fisheye lense YouTube video of the back of some dudes head on lake-like waters looking like he's snagged on the bottom for 5 minutes bendo shot. With any luck it'll be jamming some reggae tunes instead of any dialog too.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote