Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
Adam

Seeking Northern Baja Advice

Hello all,

I will be staying near Rosarito (at Rancho Reynosa) over the New Years weekend and plan to use the familly vacation rental as home base for early morning fishing excursions (weather and swell permitting). I have never fished down there and am seeking any advice anyone is willing to share. I've read on this board that San Quintin is good, and may try heading there, but I greatly appreciate any specific advice about where to launch (where not to launch?) or if there are other spots that you would recommend. I am aware of the increased crime there and will be as careful as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Adam
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

If you don't want to venture far from Rosarito. There is a panga launch right in the middle of Puerto Nuevo, paddle out to Roca Solidad just south of there, there is a cobble stone beach just past Las Dunas. There is La Salinas and even Salsipuedes if you don't mind the lugging the kayak back up that steep cut, La Bufadoa is awesome..........I miss my short Baja runs and I was thinking of resurrecting Bajapalooza at PST, until all the recent bad reports popped up.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
eddier68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Hello all,

I will be staying near Rosarito (at Rancho Reynosa) over the New Years weekend and plan to use the familly vacation rental as home base for early morning fishing excursions (weather and swell permitting). I have never fished down there and am seeking any advice anyone is willing to share. I've read on this board that San Quintin is good, and may try heading there, but I greatly appreciate any specific advice about where to launch (where not to launch?) or if there are other spots that you would recommend. I am aware of the increased crime there and will be as careful as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Adam

Hey Adam,
Right on !! Rancho Reynoso is a cool place. Actually Tony Reynoso is a buddy of mine. You might try launching from Puerto Salina ( easy launch,breakwater) then paddle south till you find the kelp beds in front of Baja Mar golf course, can't go wrong, very fishy area. Hope this helps. Let us know how you do.
eddier68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:25 AM   #4
aguachico

Salina seems like a good place to hit from Rosarito. I pass by that place all the time. I have a friend that launches is aluminum skiff from there and he likes it.
I've not seen any reports of problems from Las Salina. I'd stay parked in the marina area - traffic is monitored in and out sometimes.
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
Adam

Thanks a lot for the advice!

Adam
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote