Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2007, 08:21 AM   #1
bajadog1
Junior

MLPA closure coming!!!

I just read WON this week and felt sorry for you yakers. Where ya gonna fish when our whole coast is off limits 3 miles out? Might be a good time to sell the yak and get a boat before the market is flooded with yaks.lol Hope it doesnt happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it will.
bajadog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
bellcon

first alan cranston then fienstien closed big chunks of the california desert.... now 3 miles of shoreline?
every healthy addiction i have ( jeeping and kayak fishing) seems to be in danger
i guess i will do what i did about the desert issue... GET involved (donate time and money) then pray
if that fails i will fish 3.1 miles from shore
Don
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajadog1 View Post
I just read WON this week and felt sorry for you yakers. Where ya gonna fish when our whole coast is off limits 3 miles out? Might be a good time to sell the yak and get a boat before the market is flooded with yaks.lol Hope it doesnt happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it will.
Got some envy issues do ya? Can't catch a fish? Just kidding lol
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
ski

Oh well
Either we will be breaking out the bay rods, or we will have to poach
ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

...wonder how many tickets they'll give out to my 7 yr old before they give up. Don't think he can paddle 3 miles offshore, and don't want him to, are they gonna tell him he can't fish off his yak then?

Now they are violating my right to bond with my son.

Can you say frivolous lawsuit? Who wants in?

Complete and utter bullshit. Go take up another hobby. They wanna save something so bad, they should take in a homeless crack addict and get him clean....

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #6
dorado50

hey Bajadog, I pretty much feel sorry for you!!! But don't worry about kayak fisherman, they are a resourseful group that I'm sure can handle obstacles put into their path.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
bajadog1
Junior

Dont feel sorry! I smell a new business venture. Rides for yakers to the 3.0 mile line. $15.00 a head should do. I can take 4 at a time. Meet you outside the breakers at LJ.lol
bajadog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
gotz togo fishin

I had a boat once, my happiest moment was the day i bought it and the day i sold it! MONEY PIT!
gotz togo fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
PAL

Guys, read the other thread. Yes, the closures will take place in state waters - that's three miles from the coast. But it won't be anything like the entire coastline, and we're fighting to hang onto our launch spots.

It'll be tough, but it won't be the end of the world as we know it. But don't make the mistake of thinking the bays are off the table. They'll be closures there too.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote