Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2016, 07:28 PM   #61
ratdog

I love the feeling of a big fish biting onto my bait. I love when I bring a big fish home for the family. I get a real sense of accomplishment and being a provider. And a whole lot of other great reasons already mentioned.
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:50 AM   #62
speedydk

Send a message via Yahoo to speedydk
My name is Darren and I am a fishing addict. I do not understand why or when it even started. But it has been a constant in my life. I can't thank my dad enough for taking the time to take me from the time I was very young. I have many other interests guns, fast cars, fast motorcycles, computers/technology most started a little later in life but I enjoy them all. Fishing however it just seems like there is nothing better than fishing with friends and family and even alone. Kayak fishing allows me to fish with others and not be tied to others. I can explore on my own and still be with others. The constant challenge of trying to figure out what will get them to bite even on the most frustrating days. Its a game sometimes I win most times I lose. But as long as I am trying there is always a chance no matter how slim something magical will happen. I fish because of what might happen, I fish because its an undeniable part of me, I fish for family and friends. Sometimes I fish just because "its there". Yes I sometimes I hear voices, fish calling to me... Especially if I have not been out in a long time. Maybe its beyond addiction at this point maybe its more like a terminal sickness cured only by death. I don't know I just do it because I have to. For me I just have to. Yep definitely terminal. If your reading this pops thank you for all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
speedydk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #63
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
It's been slow in our neck of the woods here lately...fish let alone bites have been very few and far between. Who knows why..? Time of year, El Nino, El Chapo, La Nina, Wind, swell, water temp, moon cycle, current, visibility, lack of talent...? We always try to explain why we are not catching and try to make sense of it.
Thanks Obama...

Last edited by chris138; 05-09-2016 at 10:37 AM.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:15 AM   #64
YakDout
Brandon

Jim sammons posted this on his FB. If you need another reason for why you do it after watching this, then maybe you shouldnt be fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vk6u1mlqX4&app=desktop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote