Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
saltlifedoc
Junior

First post, first report, first intro, lots of firsts

So I know this is a pretty boring first report/post

But I went out today for a couple hours after being in the field. Launched out of Dana Point harbor, meandered around the docks with no avail.

Paddled out to that first patty, started jigging some green/white paddle tails on a 1oz jig head. No keepers, but caught a dozen or so short bass. Nothing spectacular or even interesting but it's nice to get out for a bit and blow of steam.

Anyways names Damien, just got a new to me Prowler 15. If anyone is ever willing to let me cruise on out with em let me know. I don't have a gps so no worries I won't hijack your spots. Plus I ran charter boats for some time in the keys/SoFlor so I know our spots are sacred when we find them.

Quick intro I guess, south Florida native, worked on commercial/rec fishing vessels since I could walk (well almost) and can make a mean ceviche.

Later
saltlifedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
FISH11

Welcome to BWE Damien. You'll soon make some friend around your local fishing area. Just reed the posts and talk to the guys you see at the launches. Tight Lines!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
sdmosch

Welcome to California and Big Water's Edge! I grew up in West Palm/Boynton Beach Florida.
sdmosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #4
PapaDave

I grew up in Homestead,did a lot of scuba/fishing in the bay and the keys. Welcome to So. Cali.

I fish out of DP a lot, maybe we'll catch up some time.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
SorryCharlie

Welcome Damien!

I fish (or dive) Dana almost every weekend. I typically head north, so if you see a red hobie outback give me a shout and I have no problem you join in the voyage.

I plan to fish Dana this Saturday unless the car gods smile upon me and I get my car back from the body shop (then its LJ), so maybe I'll see you out there.

Charlie
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
saltlifedoc
Junior

Right on guys, Dave and Charlie I was planning to go out Saturday as well.

If you find the time shoot me a text or call with details if you don't mind. If you do I'll be out on the water, yellow prowler 15... I wear one of those big goofy straw hats due to me being a baldy. 305-898-3949

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
saltlifedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #7
Oxbeast1210

Hey welcome
Im finally getting most my stuff herr in cali and would like to start fishing soon. I know know the fishing here but if you ever just want some one to go with let me know i have a prowler 13.

Rue
Oxbeast1210 is offline   Reply With Quote