Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
FISHIONADO

Punta Abreojos Info?

I'm headed to Punta Abreojos Saturday to catch the southern hemi swells early next week. No room for the kayak so I'm expecting to fish from a longboard. Anyone have recent information about road conditions, camping, pangas, bait, what's biting?

Just funny....
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
aguachico

You'll have a great time surfing. Weather is perfect. Daytime 70's, night time 55 degrees. Fishing is slow, but inshore off the long board should be great. Go by Chelo's Pizza in town. Tell her you know me (Art), I just talked to her. Have a pizza and beer. She's a hell of a surf fisherchic. If the Panga's are fishing she'll hook you up. Sept-december are the months to fish Ojos.

AC
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
FISHIONADO

Thanks Art, could you suggest a place to camp in case I arrive in the dark? I'm planning to drive straight there or surf San Miguel or Camalu and then only make it to Punta Rosarito or Guerrero Negro.

I've never fished off a surfboard, I'm thinking I'll bungee a milk crate with rod holders onto the front of my 9'6" Murphy, I wish it was a thicker board. I'll take two rods, one conventional reel with 50# spectra and a spinning reel with a sabiki. Minimal tackle, game clip, and beer. Sound about right?

Splitty, are you out there? You had that surfboard fishing stuff mastered. Should I rent a big soft board from UCSD, maybe they float better than my Murphy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguachico View Post
You'll have a great time surfing. Weather is perfect. Daytime 70's, night time 55 degrees. Fishing is slow, but inshore off the long board should be great. Go by Chelo's Pizza in town. Tell her you know me (Art), I just talked to her. Have a pizza and beer. She's a hell of a surf fisherchic. If the Panga's are fishing she'll hook you up. Sept-december are the months to fish Ojos.

AC
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:05 AM   #4
aguachico

Quote:
Thanks Art, could you suggest a place to camp in case I arrive in the dark?
In Abreojos? There's only one place to camp, that would be on the south pint where all the campers are. I believe camping on the beach in town is not allowed, not sure. Spent $25 and stay at Chelos Hotel. If she has room. SHe speaks perfect english. .
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote