Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Karma Reload

Back in August I was honored along with Andy at OEX to pass along my well used Prowler 13 to one of our local heroes. Through the process I was able to meet and talk to many of America's Finest who frequent this board, and am happy to say that Karma is real and available to everyone.
To that end, I have some stuff I'd like to give away to another man or woman currently actively serving out county in any branch of service.

Here's what I have:

IMG_0870.jpg

Left to right:

Shimano TLD Star 15/30 S

This reel is used but not in the past 5 years. Drags and bearings and in great shape and I would have no reservations in putting it back on one of my rods and using it again. No line on the reel.

Abu Garcia Ambassaduer 10000C

I don't know the history of this reel because I found it while "dumpster diving" at the storage facility where I work. I can tell you that it is in great shape and I took it apart and lubed it and it is very smooth and the drags and bearings are in perfect shape. A little boat rash. Loaded with what I think is 30 LB mono, maybe 25 LB. I personally would change the mono out because I don't know how old it it.

Penn Jigmaster 500S

This is another "dumpster diving " find. It comes with box, tools and paperwork. This reel appears to be brand new and unused, but probably more than a few years old. The tag on the box indicates that it was purchased at Gemco and I suspect most people reading this don't even remember Gemco, but they have been out of business for quite a while. I don't know when Penn stopped selling these or maybe they still do sell it, but it was an absolutely bulletproof workhorse for years and years. It has some 30 LB mono on it but I'd change it out.

In the middle is a bamboo gaff that I built and never used. I'd like someone to break it's maiden.

This is all very functional old school stuff that certainly does not have the castability of the modern reels but for jigging, trolling, or dropper loop fishing, they can handle anything you might run into in our local waters.

So here's the deal. If you are an active service member and can get to Mission Viejo in the next few days to pick this stuff, contact me via PM or call or text me at 949-636-8666. The only stipulation is that whoever takes it, does not sell it, but as long as it's useful, pass it along to another service member starting out in this great sport.

The Rossman
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

The Star 15/30 was my first kayak fishing reel, caught a bunch of big fish on that reel! It will serve someone well. Let me help sweeten this pot!

Someone recently gave me a lightly used $175 Kokatat Paddle Jacket that they just did not have the use for. If you are serving in the military and tolerate the color yellow....and wear a MEDIUM (t shirt size) then you are welcome to this jacket. Pick up would be here at OEX Sunset Beach Call me 562-592-0800 to claim!

Last edited by Iceman; 12-13-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The Star 15/30 was my first kayak fishing reel, caught a bunch of big fish on that reel! It will serve someone well. Let me help sweeten this pot!

Someone recently gave me a lightly used $175 Kokatat Paddle Jacket that they just did not have the use for. If you are serving in the military and tolerate the color yellow....and wear a MEDIUM (t shirt size) then you are welcome to this jacket. Pick up would be here at OEX Sunset Beach Call me 562-592-0800 to claim!
Nicely done Andy. Makes me wish I was still serving. That's a great jacket and an even greater gesture on your part.

Once I give these reels away, and determine where the recipient lives, i'm going to challenge some of you veteran yakers to come up with some rods that might suit these reels. I know there are some out there that are not being used.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Old 12-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
ROOKIE87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Nicely done Andy. Makes me wish I was still serving. That's a great jacket and an even greater gesture on your part.

Once I give these reels away, and determine where the recipient lives, i'm going to challenge some of you veteran yakers to come up with some rods that might suit these reels. I know there are some out there that are not being used.

Rossman, let me know, I got some random stuff that I would love to contribute too... It may not be alot but would love to honor those that have fought for our freedom!

PS how do you get a profile pic?
ROOKIE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOKIE87 View Post
Rossman, let me know, I got some random stuff that I would love to contribute too... It may not be alot but would love to honor those that have fought for our freedom!

PS how do you get a profile pic?
Profile pic

On the home page, go to "quick links" and select "user control panel" . That page will have an option to edit profile picture and you can upload a picture from your computer.
— Herman Melville

Old 12-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
Deamon

Okay Rossman, I like your style so I'll play...

I've got two "proven" fish killers I'd be privileged to pass on. Seeker American Series. One is a 660 and one is a 660H. Two guides are needed to be replaced but other than that, they are good to go.

I'm in San Diego so I've got to figure out a pass off...? Maybe CJ to Andy?

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetAttachment (4).jpg (5.3 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment (5).jpg (3.7 KB, 303 views)
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Hold on them Jim. Who ever wants the reels could end up being from SD. If not, well i've been known to spend a day in LA Jolla on the spur of the moment, so we can find a way to get them to the new owner.

Thanks for your offer.

— Herman Melville

Old 12-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Okay Rossman, I like your style so I'll play...

I've got two "proven" fish killers I'd be privileged to pass on. Seeker American Series. One is a 660 and one is a 660H. Two guides are needed to be replaced but other than that, they are good to go.

I'm in San Diego so I've got to figure out a pass off...? Maybe CJ to Andy?

Jim

I could likely fix those guides.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #9
easyday

I have some buddies that are getting into kayak fishing and could use this stuff all maries or navy
Old 12-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
easyday

Both great guys I personally served with
Old 12-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #11
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Free Stuff

Bump
— Herman Melville

Old 12-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #12
Deamon

Sha...bump. Still looking for a third rod Ross? If yes, someone's got to give it up. I just put one in at Squidco for repair on the guides. Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
born2fish

What the price for the shimano ?
born2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
Siebler

I am sure if somebody ends up doing a P/U with Andy we can get those rods up there if you drop them at the MB store.

If we have any folks from our events that start looking for gear I will give a heads up as well.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #15
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
I am sure if somebody ends up doing a P/U with Andy we can get those rods up there if you drop them at the MB store.

If we have any folks from our events that start looking for gear I will give a heads up as well.

I can pick up from Andy and repair.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #16
GregAndrew

Ok, let's make this a merry Xmas for one of our servicemen. I would like to sweeten the pot with a Trident 15 with a Humminbird 580 FF. My original Sunrise colored kayak.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #17
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Ok, let's make this a merry Xmas for one of our servicemen. I would like to sweeten the pot with a Trident 15 with a Humminbird 580 FF. My original Sunrise colored kayak.
Whoa a collectors item!!!!

Who ever gets that thing might want to get it bronzed!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Juju, Juju, Juju!!!!!!!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #19
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post

Lets make it for two. The Prowler 15 I had listed is now available for someone on active duty.

Talk about collector's item, this is the blue P15 in Rhino's thresher videos

Last edited by Hunters Pa; 12-17-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: update
Old 12-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #20
Siebler

If you guys do not get any takers for some odd reason on the boats we can definitely use them for HOW events, this would put many wounded into the seat of the kayaks and get them introduced to Kayak Fishing. And if we get any guys that really take to the sport obviously we can just hand the boats off to them.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote