Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
crashcrow

Rod Suggestions for Okuma Azores Z65 44lb drag spinning reel

Title says it all. Looking at the Shimano Terez Heavy 7'8''... Would be nice to find a good 2 or 3 piece rod that I could take on a plane if needed. Any suggestions?

Mike
crashcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
blazian

I have a couple travel rods for Cabo, I have found the 3 pc travel rods to be the best, you can put them in overhead bin and they don't count it as a carryon.
The Okuma nomad is a great rod, with two tips one light and one med-light about $150 they have them in spinning set up as well
Also great is the Phenix Red Eye travel rod series super light but kinda expensive at $300. not sure if they have spinner rods
Charkbait has a couple as well but I only have the light set up for surf fishing. has spinning option
Sorry just noticed you are looking for a spinning rod.
If you are looking for a big travel surf rod, I use a 4 pc 11ft rod by Santium
I can roll all 4 rods into a soft padded bag and put it into overhead which saves quite a bit on luggage costs.

Last edited by blazian; 09-05-2017 at 03:22 PM.
blazian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #3
Tandem Assassin

Get the Okuma Cruz popping rod (2 pieces) - I looked around and got a heavy for the blue fin with your reel. Great price as well and good quality..

https://www.okumafishing.com/en/prod.../Cruz-rod.html
Tandem Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:47 AM   #4
crashcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Assassin View Post
Get the Okuma Cruz popping rod (2 pieces) - I looked around and got a heavy for the blue fin with your reel. Great price as well and good quality..

https://www.okumafishing.com/en/prod.../Cruz-rod.html
Found that rod online at FishUSA for $154.99 but their paypal has been jacked up so it never ordered or shipped.

Heading offshore on Sunday and want to get this setup done. A friend of mine suggested the Cousins CPX809-FS. 8' 30-50lb. A little more than I wanted to spend but theres a good warranty and they are local. ill let u know how it works out.

Still looking for something to take on the plane this winter, probably end up with a 3 piece surf rod for that.

Mike
crashcrow is offline   Reply With Quote