Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
sdyeti

Found Deal: Wilderness Systems Radar 135

Hey all, I found a couple of kayaks that may be considered deals. I went ahead and took advantage of one of these myself.

Place in Portland, OR/online has 2 Wilderness System Radar 135s at reduced pricing.

One is a "closeout" in the Mango color at $1199.20
https://nextadventure.net/wilderness...ing-kayak.html

The other is a "blem" in Mango at $1124.25
https://nextadventure.net/wilderness...2017-blem.html

This place is also running 10% off "Accessories" when you buy a kayak and that 10% ALSO APPLIES to the Helix PD Pedal Drive/Rubber that goes with the Radar 135.

There are now only one of each available per the website. I ordered a blem on Thursday with the Pedal drive/rudder at 10% off. The total cost including shipping ($60) was $2174.25.

Last edited by sdyeti; 10-28-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: shipping cost added
sdyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:23 AM   #2
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdyeti View Post
Hey all, I found a couple of kayaks that may be considered deals. I went ahead and took advantage of one of these myself.

Place in Portland, OR/online has 2 Wilderness System Radar 135s at reduced pricing.

One is a "closeout" in the Mango color at $1199.20
https://nextadventure.net/wilderness...ing-kayak.html

The other is a "blem" in Mango at $1124.25
https://nextadventure.net/wilderness...2017-blem.html

This place is also running 10% off "Accessories" when you buy a kayak and that 10% ALSO APPLIES to the Helix PD Pedal Drive/Rubber that goes with the Radar 135.

There are now only one of each available per the website. I ordered a blem on Thursday with the Pedal drive/rudder at 10% off. The total cost including shipping ($60) was $2174.25.
As much as I love Wildy, this seems very Spammy......
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
sdyeti

Just arrived today!

I think it'll be named "The Spammy Blem".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171030_120137.jpg (79.8 KB, 91 views)
Old 10-30-2017, 12:40 PM   #4
goldenglory18

Awesome, and I gladly stand corrected.

Let me know what you think of the drive system in the salt. I'm very interested in transitioning to a pedal system but as much as I'm in love with Wildy, Hobie just seems to be more in tune with how we fish here in SoCal.

goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #5
sdyeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
Let me know what you think of the drive system in the salt. I'm very interested in transitioning to a pedal system but as much as I'm in love with Wildy, Hobie just seems to be more in tune with how we fish here in SoCal.

This will be my first pedal kayak and I really hope it goes well for me. My previous kayak was a Stealth 14 and I had no issues with the paddling of it and was going to get another one last Saturday at the parking lot sale. However, I decided to try out a pedal kayak just to cover that base and get a small feel for what it was like. Went to OEX and test rode a Radar 135 and it was just seemed immediately obvious that a pedal kayak would get me to greater distances in shorter times. I went to work after the test ride and started googling more info about the Radar 135 to learn more about it and found the originally posted deal. That deal has probably saved me $500.

I really like that the Helix PD has a way to service the unit in someway. Reading the instructions online it seems that there is way to re-oil or grease the main gears in the unit. I imagine that is a major need for salt-water use and just overall longevity. I also like that the pedal unit has a two year warranty (which is the same as the mirage drive I guess?).

I definitely cannot comment on how a hobie mirage drive would be better or worse for socal than a pedal/prop drive. I've actually never worked a hobie.

My experience with the Stealth14 was that I was never really in shallow water for any length of time other than launching and landing. So I don't see the draft of either unit being an issue for me.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting the unit setup and in the water. I've definitely missed being out there on the water and occasionally bring home something fresh to eat.