Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
Hunters Pa

6/18 Huntington Harbor

New goal I have is to do an after-work run at least twice a month. I work about 2 miles from Seabridge Park. Bought a scrambler from Cabojohn for this reason, and in hopes one of my kids would show interest. The whole idea is to go real basic - yak, paddle, pfd, small tray of artificials, and 1 or 2 rods and have it all on/in my Civic on a day I can get in early and cut out early. First time out was yesterday. Got on the water about 3:15 and fished my way toward the PCH bridge. Was drifting a crawdad imitation, thinking it looked like a ghost shrimp scurrying along. Something took interest when I was drifting by the weed beds in water shallow enough to see bottom

Was obviously short - about an 18 incher - so quick CPR. Continued working the same area for a few more passes. Worked docks a bit for no love. Nice couple hours on the water. Really liked unloading 15 feet from the waters edge and only needing 10 - 15 minutes for loading and unloading
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
landwhale

Nice way gl dsl ad you got to pull on something even thpugh it was a little small

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote