Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #21
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarack Studios View Post
What I see is a bunch of people sharing their opinions, so I'll add mine even Though you know what opinions are like....Being a sponsored fisherman, I don't really have a problem with Jimmy's post. That's his decision and his decision only. If he feels that strongly to share what happened, that's his deal. Not a thing wrong with it.

I would say this to jimmy, think big picture bud. In six months or a year down the road if your potential sponsor sees this thread, what kind of an impact will it have on that sponsorship? Everything you do as a sponsored angler is watched by someone, or someone that knows someone... You get the point. Always have to be thinking big picture.

I too left a sponsorship this year. I chose the other route and didnt say a thing, but if people ask I do tell them what happened and why I made the choice. Does it make me better nope, just different.

Tight lines- T minus 2 days before a 5 day to Cedros Island
Looking back I do wish I had done things differently. How I left the team, and what I said on the team page, was where I should have left my displeasure. For that I agree coming on here and letting the dirt fly was not right, but it's done, I'll take was crap I get for it, but will continue work hard at what I do, what I love, and I'm sure this will all go away after a while. If I'm never sponsored again I'm O.K. with that, but I will continue to support my local shops, friends, and do what I can to boost them up not expecting anything in return, their service is reward enough. The guys at OEX treat us well and provide a service that is above all others.

Guys, thanks for the possitives, negatives, and the whatevers I will use all of it to be a better person, and fisherman.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #22
jorluivil

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #23
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
This is how you leave a company:

"I am no longer a pro staffer for company X."

The end.
Nice!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #24
BrokeLoser

Jimmy,
I'm a little late on this I know but I commend you for not being afraid to speak your mind to whomever and however you think you need to. Too many people try too hard to tip-toe around issues being politically correct and worrying about all of the potential what-if's. Those tend to be the people that end up never saying anything to anyone out of fear of what could and may come of it. People like you that aren't afraid to speak force change...and that's a good thing. You have nothing to be ashamed of...Don't apologize...Who gives two sh!ts what anyone else thinks...you said what you thought you needed to say how you thought you needed to say it…period. If anyone cares enough to know the other side let them commence their own investigation.
Hell, all these ‘review sites’ such as yelp exist because the general public tends to appreciate the public service that reviewers provide. How can it be considered any different when someone gives an opinion in a public web forum?
You'll get your normal guys here disagreeing with you but probably not because they genuinely disagree...more because they see an opportunity to come up with yet another witty post. It's never really clever to just simply agree.

Good luck to you Jimmy and thanks for not being scared to give your honest opinion in "public"...MUCH APPRECIATED!
BrokeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #25
Nic D

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
Nice!
until you get the question of "why". never going to end well. better left not said at all or at least in private.

Keep your head up Jimmy.. you didn't do anything wrong bud.

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #26
ZUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Jimmy,
I'm a little late on this I know but I commend you for not being afraid to speak your mind to whomever and however you think you need to. Too many people try too hard to tip-toe around issues being politically correct and worrying about all of the potential what-if's. Those tend to be the people that end up never saying anything to anyone out of fear of what could and may come of it. People like you that aren't afraid to speak force change...and that's a good thing. You have nothing to be ashamed of...Don't apologize...Who gives two sh!ts what anyone else thinks...you said what you thought you needed to say how you thought you needed to say it…period. If anyone cares enough to know the other side let them commence their own investigation.
Hell, all these ‘review sites’ such as yelp exist because the general public tends to appreciate the public service that reviewers provide. How can it be considered any different when someone gives an opinion in a public web forum?
You'll get your normal guys here disagreeing with you but probably not because they genuinely disagree...more because they see an opportunity to come up with yet another witty post. It's never really clever to just simply agree.

Good luck to you Jimmy and thanks for not being scared to give your honest opinion in "public"...MUCH APPRECIATED!
ZUMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #27
Jimmyz123

Thanks guys for the negatives and the positives they all will help me to grow and be a better person and fisherman. I have no bad feelings for anyone, just like me, they too have their opinions. If what I have said helps improve the way a product is made, or fixed, great that's up to the makers. If I've hurt feelings along the way, I'm sorry about that, but facts are facts and I have all the facts to back up what I know, and posted.

Time to move on, and time to get fishing.

On the brighter side, I started rigging up my old Prowler again and it's amazing how much lighter that boat is.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Last edited by Jimmyz123; 07-08-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote