Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
Quilted Germ

La Jolla 10/10 with a little surprise to end the day

Launched at 615am, made bait at the pier at paddled to the point. Got nailed before I even hit the condo with 5-6lb bonito, sure nice to hear a screaming reel again. Paddled around the point and back, dogs got a couple of baits and the bonies got a couple more. Finally figured out that you gotta let the bones actually take your bait, not just hit it a couple of times. So I'm back to the spot of the first bonito and the reel goes off, this time it's a bigger bonito probably in the 8-9lb range, but before I get it to the surface here comes......

Takes the tail clean off...Love this pic because it looks like a large model white, but in actuality it's a 3-4 foot juvenile mako. Anyways, I wasn't going to keep the bonito so I let the mako have it's way with it and snapped a few shots. It was a pretty cool sight to say the least. I even waved over Gabriel (nice to meet you) to check it out. Well, here's the rest of the pix.
Attached Images

Quilted Germ is offline   Reply With Quote