Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Traugott
Junior

Ministry Worker Needing X-Factor or Similar

Hi Everyone! I have recently moved from SoCal to the midwest and cannot find a decent yak anywhere around here.

I'm looking for help in getting a decent fishing yak so I can continue with my goal. I work with underprivileged middle and high school students and am interested in teaching them kayaking and kayak fishing. I'm in the process of trying to get yaks donated for the kids, but I need to get my own now that I am settled here. I can pay for shipping if the yak price is cheap enough.

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP IN ANY WAY...have a yak to sell or have connections within a 4 or 5 hour radius of Indianapolis?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!?!?

Thank you for any help!!!!
Traugott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
MrPatrick

Help

Post a wanted ad in the local Craigslist. And relate your needs there as you have here.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
MrPatrick

Regulations

You may also need to check local regulations as to water contact. Some lakes around here only allow sit inside kayaks to control invasive species. That may be the case there also.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
icelogger

Contact Peter at Midwest Mountaineering in Minneapolis. They carry Jackson fishing kayaks.
icelogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
Traugott
Junior

Thanks for the heads up MrPatrick. I will definitely check into local regulations and will be posting on craigslist. I have been looking through all the listings on craigslist in a 5 hr radius, but haven't posted yet.

Icelogger...I will definitely be contacting Peter. Thank you!
Traugott is offline   Reply With Quote