Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
Drake

Thumbs down Just another boring lobster report...

Launched at 545 am with Rob, met some people on the water for some fun Tuesday fishing. Wind was up when we got there but quickly settled down. Said hi to some familiar faces, chased some ghosts and got to pull on some fishies. Off the water by 1pm to a flat launch, empty beach and some beggers hoping for some tossed bait.

Well, that wasn't enough. I went home, showered up and caught a few Zzzz's.

Woke up, packed up and launched my kayak at 4pm. Got to "the spot" by 5 or so and laid down 5 hoops loaded with Drake Pucks™. I brought my Game Genie today, and entered the cheat code for "big lobster limits quick." RobFish Pressed Start to play multiplayer, and also entered his cheat code. In addition to the Drake Pucks™ we shoved some of the huge green backs from this morning, plus a nice rock fish head/spine/stomach from the big reds I got with Wade last week. It was an all you can eat buffet.

First pull was a wash so we moved up current of the reef and hoped the moving water would draw the scent into the rocks enticing the bugs to come out and play.

We weren't disappointed. First pull yielded 7 keepers out of the 10 hoops, and over a dozen shorts. Dropped down for a good 35 minute soak, and pulled 3 more (kinda lame). But we knew we just needed 4 more to head home.

Thankfully, the last pull was a glorious one and we were able to "trade up" some of the already legals for some bigger models.
Home, cleaned off and showered by 9.

I need a bigger cooler

Left over bait that hadn't thawed out fast enough. Letting a lobster enjoy his last meal.

LOLLIPOPS