Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
Comanche

Malibu Mini X

Hello All!!!

I just got my hands on a Malibu Mini X. It fitted everyone of my needs from storage to travel size and weight. Due to the fact I am limited in what size of kayak I use, I live in a apartment.

I have to get a few more things before I hit the water.

But I am looking for idea's on setup's or improvements for the Mini X.

Thanks to all in advance!!!
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
FishNinjaY

I got this kayak for my 9-yr old son, and he's already mastered it. It's pretty easy to paddle, and very stable which is good for him as he is still a bit of a spaz with the paddle!

I plan on using it occasionally for short fishing trips, and it looks pretty much set to go as is. I made a large drybox/livewell that will work with the rear scupper hole of both the mini-X and my larger Hobie Oasis tandem. It already has flush mounted rod holders. I was thinking of adding the Scotty articulating arm rod holder right in the center, in front of the cup holder. I can use the cup holder for (duh, a cup), or more likely, random used or new swimbaits, hooks, scent, etc. The arm could swing to both sides for easy trolling, and it doesn't seem to far forward for me to bend and manipulate it. Other than that, I think it's set to go? I'd be interested in any other ideas as well. Good luck.

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...ar-Head/Detail
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote