Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Kailolo

Humminbird and SD Card

I've a 500 series HUmminbird. It can export waypoints/tracks to an SD card. I can edit those tracks on the PC via Hbird software. But how is the data on the SD card uploaded to the Hbird unit? Nor does the Hbird unit "read" the SD card. So there seems no use in editing Waypoints on the PC. And any Export of waypoints from the Hbird to the SD card, OVERWRITES the file on the SD card! Any suggestions?
Thanks

Tim
Kailolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
Divad

Once you edit your way points on the SD card, turn on fish finder and insert card. The unit should then read the card and give you the options to load the info on the SD card to the fish finder.

To make sure you don't lose the way points on the Unit, save them to the SD Card before you remove the card. Then open it up on the Hbird computer program and save it.

Hope this helps. I have the 385Ci and find out most things by trial & error, thats why I say save first!
Divad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
Kailolo

Thanks. Yes the trick is to power on and THEN insert the card.
And it' s much easier to use the Hbird PC software to edit, group, rename, and even add GPS points, than do it with the unit itself. Not very intuitive. What I'm not seeing with the Hbird PC software is a image filed when saved with a waypoint. I can see the image file when I look at the file using DOS or Windows explorer, but not via the Hbird PC software. Oh well. Adds another step or two when decidng what waypoints to keep or delete.
Kailolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Divad

Good to know it helped out.
Divad is offline   Reply With Quote