Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Game On Kayak Fishing movie is now here!!!!!

I just received a box of the finished movies. Yes I am excited.
I will have them up on my site for sale ASAP. I will also be getting some over to OEX Pt. Loma later today so they will be the first shop anywhere to have them in stock.
I finally got to see the full movie and I am very happy with how it came out, though a little embarrassed at points.
The movie is non-instructional, it is a lifestyle piece. The best comparison I think I can give would be a Warren Miller film. Just us having fun, catching fish and having more fun at cool places fishing with great people backed by some great music. If you do get the movie make sure you watch it through the credits, pretty funny stuff there.
If you want to wait we will have them at the Del Mar show.
Hope you all like it
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Jim Sammons LJKF

Just dropped off a bunch of DVD's at the Pt Loma shop. IF you get the DVD and the book you get 10% off plus 10% off a local guided trip.
JimSammons.com
Old 03-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
buttchaser
Float Tuber

Jim ,
Can i get it online , Seen a part of it at your seminar at the FH show , Got to have it
buttchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Jim Sammons LJKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttchaser View Post
Jim ,
Can i get it online , Seen a part of it at your seminar at the FH show , Got to have it
Thanks and glad you liked what you saw. I will have it online on my site within a day or so and I know Brent will have it up on www.kayakfishingsupplies.com very soon.
This is his site so buy it from him. It really doesn't matter to me where you get it just so long as you get it.
JimSammons.com
Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
Iceman
Administrator

I've been looking high and low for the bootleg version to pop up on line.......you know the one with coughing and the head popping up silhouette and the voice track that is 3 seconds behind
Old 03-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
Jim Sammons LJKF

I think Pierpont has that one
JimSammons.com
Old 03-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
Billy V

I want one dubbed in Chinese.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
Grego

I got the chance to see the short intro version at the Fred Hall show. At first I was just peeking through the curtains separating the demonstration booth and the KFAC booth, but it really caught my attention and so I went and sat down.

I think people who are really into kayak fishing and the lifestyle that it provides are going to love it. My favorite part wasn't even any of the fishing! it was the yak surfing during bad conditions and the friendship of the group that gave me good vibes and why I've enjoyed doing this for so long. Of course there's plenty of stuff for those who just want to see fish caught from a yak. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to edit out Moyer's appearances.

I'm going to buy a copy because I want to see where Jim almost drowns!!!!!!!!!!:luxhel lo:
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #9
Jim Sammons LJKF

Sorry to say you will even see more of Moyer in the final cut.
And you will see me almost drown, though they edited it so it does not seem quite as bad as the first version I saw. Still gave me a cold shutter when I saw it again, scary flashback.
One of the best compliments or indicators of the appeal of the movie I recieved at the show was from an older women who just came to sit and rest her feet. She doesn't kayak and was only there because her husband fishes, and she came up and told me how much she liked it.
JimSammons.com

Last edited by Jim Sammons LJKF; 03-11-2009 at 09:13 AM.