Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
forefrazier

Hobie Bait Tank ?

For those of you who have the Hobie bait tank....How do you handle the issue of attaching the through scupper pump feed? First time I put it in while on the beach and it plugged with sand. Second time I tried walking the kayak out to knee deep water first...still a PITA when you have 3 rods in the rod holder and straps holding it down. Might be a stupid question since it is new to me but????

Thanks,
Steve
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
dorado50

Steve, shiorten intake stem so it hangs out about one to one and half inches and add a screen to intake. To get any sand out (after fishing)flush pump,exit end (inside tank) with water. Keep the stem in all the time,while dragging kayak on beach to the water make sure kayak is leaning on the port side.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
forefrazier

Thanks Dave....I will try that tonight...sounds like the perfect fix.
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
dorado50

Works for me. I haven't removed intake hose since day one,maybe I ought to check it out one of these days! I cut up a gold fish net and super glued it to intake,still on there!!

I was hoping the fish gods would be on our side today.........
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
dadandsonkayak

better to do that............ i learned my lesson to always put it in before ur out 100 feet offshore... i started messing with it and lost my balance and flipped... saved everything but my sabiki rod(if anyone hears of any divers finding one near the lj launch could u pm me? thx) i would rather have a PITA at thebeach than out on the water
Old 02-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadandsonkayak View Post
better to do that............ i learned my lesson to always put it in before ur out 100 feet offshore... i started messing with it and lost my balance and flipped... saved everything but my sabiki rod(if anyone hears of any divers finding one near the lj launch could u pm me? thx) i would rather have a PITA at thebeach than out on the water

Some divers near the launch said they found a sabiki rod and gave it to the lifeguards.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
fish4ever
Junior

Hobie Tank

I do hear you on being a PITA, mostly cause I raised my tank and pushed it back, I had lengthen my house and put some S flex in it. I ended up taken some bilge hose and cut it down abut 4", boiled it so I could insert the pump end in it. Tried it this weekend works good. I wish I had pics but dont own a camera at this time. I did put a screen in my intake hose. No glue at all, went to hardware store and got like a sink screen with a lip on it. took the black scoop out and inserted it (good fit) then shoved the hose back over it and put screw back in.......Steve
fish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #8
dadandsonkayak

serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
Some divers near the launch said they found a sabiki rod and gave it to the lifeguards.
ok ur not joking right? lol so does anyone know how id get it back? can somebody give me a phone number?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadandsonkayak View Post
ok ur not joking right? lol so does anyone know how id get it back? can somebody give me a phone number?
Call Lifeguard dispatch in San Diego and ask for the LJ station.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #10
fishinkid2010

I was at the lifeguard's lost and found about two weeks ago asking about an iPod I lost, there was no fishing tackle in there. It would still be a good idea to give them a call though.
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
Billy V

I had the number in my cell phone.

SD Lifeguard
619-221-8800
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote