Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
fisher2
Junior

rigging a SIK

hey ya'll just got 2 berkly rod holders not flush mount but yeah and was wondering were would ya'll put them my kayak is a old town otter

post pm email anything lol
fisher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
skatino
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher2 View Post
hey ya'll just got 2 berkly rod holders not flush mount but yeah and was wondering were would ya'll put them my kayak is a old town otter

post pm email anything lol
Depends on how big the cockpit is on your yaks. I have two LL Bean Manatee's (AKA Perception Prodigy's). Went to my local hardware store and bought some Plexiglas. Mounted it under the rail, mounted them to that. Mine I have a single mount on with the scotty tree, my girlfriends I used just to scotty flush mounts. This gives you alot of options by doing this, but if you opening isn't that big makes it kinda hard.

Other things I did was put a tray holder underneath using angle aluminum allows me to stack two 370 boxes underneath. Also, drilled holes in the Plexiglas along the edge so I could hang my baits.

GOOD LUCK

Steve
skatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
fisher2
Junior

yeah i only have a 39" cockpit so its gonne be built into the deck of yak
Old 03-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
skatino
Junior

Well, I guess the only thing I would say then with that, make sure you can comfortably reach your rods, and go with it like that. The kayaks we got came with a single scotty mount on the front, and you couldn't reach it without getting all off balance. Good luck, let us see some pics when its all done!

Steve
Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
kareem korn

You rigged that thing badass. I got an old town I use for DVL. Your in Hemet too, you should get that thing stickered and fish DVL.
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
fisher2
Junior

pics will come momentarally(sp?)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3296966...n/photostream/

how its held down its all stainless http://www.flickr.com/photos/3296966...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3296966...n/photostream/

Last edited by fisher2; 03-11-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
skatino
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareem korn View Post
You rigged that thing badass. I got an old town I use for DVL. Your in Hemet too, you should get that thing stickered and fish DVL.
I have it stickered for DVL(that was the original reason for buying the yaks)...if only they didn't charge so much to fish there!

Its like 16 bucks for me to go by myself, and like 24 with my woman! Ever fish skinner? Its a little more kayak friendly (that darn west wind that kicks up on DVL is BRUTAL!)

We also have two Hobies now for the ocean, so the SIK's are sitting and collecting dust!

Steve
Old 03-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
skatino
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher2 View Post
Looks good, are they pretty easy to reach? That's the most important thing especially if you are trolling or deadsticking!

Steve