Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Spyder

9/2 Afternoon Bay Session

Met up with Sherm at about 4:30pm today. Launched the yaks into good conditions, no wind, flat water, and incoming tide (ok, the incoming tide kinda sucked paddling against )

Got over to our spot and saw that another 2 yakkers and a tin can were already there (note to self, try not to include shore shots in the pics I post ) No worries, we got there and started working the drift.

Scott started things out with a short flattie. I was settling for some steady spottie action. Also pulled up a few XL leezard feesh & a rattler off the bottom. Then the tide slowed down, the breeze stopped, and it got freaking hot out there for a bit . Finally the wind picked up and started moving us in again. Caught a few more spotties and a couple sandies. Made one more stop in the middle of the channel on the way in for a couple more sandies.

Called it a night at about 7:00pm. I must have C&R'ed close to 20 spotties, 3 sandies, 1 rattler, & a couple slimey leezard feesh. All caught using GULP! chart. swimming mullet and lime tiger shrimp.

Another relaxing afternoon spent floating around the bay. Great hanging with ya wingman .

Peace,

Spyder

Attached Thumbnails
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
NextBite

nice bass and scuplin
Old 09-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
Sherm

Another terrible day in SD. Great weather, good fishing, good company, and a good cigar. It sure sucks living here.

Good fishing with you as always bro. My 1st cast of the day was a short hali and I thought things were going to get good. I was kinda off my game yesterday. I caught fish but not like I wanted. (I gotta find something to compain about)

Paddling back from the spot I stopped to take a picture. We were towards the launch side of the bay. Jim is out 50 yards infront of me. I look to starboard and see a sail boat (under power) that looks like it wants to split between us. The rest of the bay had no one on it and this boat is going to split us. MORON I think to myself. I paddled over to Jim so the sailboat could go behind us. The boat gets close and I realize the lady at the helm is my MOTHER. Shit.....I almost get run over in an empty bay by my mom. That's just great!!! I said hello and gave her crap. That's when she said she knew it was me. Ya right.......I had to yell out her name just to make her look over and see me. We talked on the water for a while and then it was time to hit the launch to a great sunset and moon rise combo.

Kinda weird yesterday. When coming in we left one side of the bay that had very little tidal movement. It had been moving earlier but had really shut down. When we got to the other side of the bay the tide was still rippin. Has anyone ever experienced this? Kinda weird. Maybe it's bottom contours and such.

Now I gotta start yaking LJ so I can get ready for the Moyer Tournament.

Have a good time in Big Bear this weekend bro.

FISH COUNT:

13 spotties
1 short hali

I suck!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Old 09-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #4
CobraTandem

Nice fish & pix Spyder & Sherm. That was a very funny story about the sailboat too.
CobraTandem is offline   Reply With Quote