Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 08-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Jimmyz123

I miss having a Kayak

I finally got to use the Father's Day fishing reservation my wife bought for me yesterday. I took a 13 hour ride on the San Diego out of Seaforth, great boat and staff I had a good time. Personally I caught my limit of Sandbass all in 2 to 5 pound range, and a Cabazone that 2" short so he got to return to the deep. It was a fun time but with 40 people on the boat it made me really think how much I miss my kayak. On a Kayak you don't have to worry about over crowded rails, rude people, and all that other stuff that goes on with the cattle boats. Oh well, I had fun, I caught fish, but I'll not be going on one of those again for a very long time.

Anyway the best part is I'm healed from my arm surgery and I'm back in the life of fishing now.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
old_rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post

Anyway the best part is I'm healed from my arm surgery and I'm back in the life of fishing now.
Congrats on being healed!
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
jasonb

Quote:
It was a fun time but with 40 people on the boat it made me really think how much I miss my kayak. On a Kayak you don't have to worry about over crowded rails, rude people, and all that other stuff that goes on with the cattle boats.
exactly the reason I just bought a kayak. got tired of turning around to get a bait and coming back to find a group of people standing over your rod and not wanting to let you back in. also spend so much time out there just trying to get your line untangled from others
jasonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Only thing I miss about the cattle boats are the breakfast sammiches...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Jimmyz123

Cattle boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
exactly the reason I just bought a kayak. got tired of turning around to get a bait and coming back to find a group of people standing over your rod and not wanting to let you back in. also spend so much time out there just trying to get your line untangled from others
I hate the 3/4 day and 1/2 boats. At least when you go on an overnight tuna trip you get a boat full of guys working together moving around following their baits. The 3/4 and 1/2 days you get bottom fishers, fly line fishers, and jig fishers. All the jig fishers caught were everyone's lines, and the bottom fishers just didn't move. It was fun to be back out there and to be fishing, but I'd rather save my money and get a yak then to go back out on one of those anytime soon.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
Only thing I miss about the cattle boats are the breakfast sammiches...
The best thing about the party boats is the food from the griddles. The Breakfast sammiches and burgers have the best flavors to them. Sure they are full of fat and grease but when you're out fishing like that you're not worried about dieting. At least if the fishing is bad you can say you had some good meals.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
old_rookie

So when do you plan to go out to LJ Shores with your yak?
I'm trying to get a day in Aug to get out there, but work has been eating a lot of my time. Thinking Aug 14 or 21.
Roadx has asked me about it too.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
Jimmyz123

I'll be out of town on the 14th, we're heading down to San Felipe for 4 days and then I may be able to hook up with you on the 21st. Let me see what I can work out.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #9
roadx

i'll be off all next week, so if anyone wants a wingman let me know.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
old_rookie

Quote:
I'll be out of town on the 14th, we're heading down to San Felipe for 4 days and then I may be able to hook up with you on the 21st. Let me see what I can work out.
Don't sweat it - just found out that is my daughter's first cheer game - just don't know yet if she has it in the morning or afternoon. I'll go the opposite time.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #11
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Happy to hear you are better. I'm sure that you have to start out kayak fishing slowly. Welcome back.
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote