Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
wade

Fresh Lobster..

October 2nd 2010
"The Swiss Cheese Reef"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a30r1YPqZFo
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
T Bone

I can measure them, I can F--- em I can do whatever I want ,THEY'RE MY LOBSTER!!!

CLASSIC !

I know they are hardcore about lobster,if they werent we wouldnt have any on the coast by now.He went straight for his gun though...

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
SGV Rookie

Nice job

Nice job pissing off a warden! That's a good way to show him how kayak fisherman do things. He had a good question based on his training and experience! He does lobster checks all the time and probably has learned that those who measure upon land or upon contact have undersized lobster. I love all your videos and think you are great at what you do, but firing back with attitude only causes more trouble! I loved the lobster excitement in the video but I also like that you didn't post BWE all over it!

Dave
SGV Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGV Rookie View Post
Nice job pissing off a warden! That's a good way to show him how kayak fisherman do things. He had a good question based on his training and experience! He does lobster checks all the time and probably has learned that those who measure upon land or upon contact have undersized lobster. I love all your videos and think you are great at what you do, but firing back with attitude only causes more trouble! I loved the lobster excitement in the video but I also like that you didn't post BWE all over it!

Dave
Yes Dave, I ONLY came back with attutude when i was approached with it from the get go.I give the utmost respect when i receive it in return..no matter what man, with or without a gun..I do realize he is only protecting the better good of the jewel, and all fisheries around for that matter, but you do NOT have to approach one in that fashion..
Why do u think that camera was specifically rolling before he came up...I knew he would be hot to write anyone ticket, and as you hear him say, he has met me before..Because of the nature of this footage, I will be removing it later, but thought a few would like to see how nice our Game Wardens are to people who release monster fish & 3 1/4" bugs in this very video..
Old 10-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
Nic D

that particular warden = douche

so Wade... maybe I could get that cooler back now.... preferably not empty!

But not until I get back from Hawaii on thursday
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
Jzo

Thx for sharing, learned a lot.

Last edited by Jzo; 10-02-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Jzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
premo

Wade, you should measure warden too.
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
fishinkid2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
I can measure them, I can F--- em I can do whatever I want ,THEY'RE MY LOBSTER!!!

That was great Wade! I'm 100% on your side!!! Congrats on the nice bugs too!
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
GregAndrew

I gotta agree with Dave here. That is a typical law enforcement approach it seems to me. They put you on defensive so that if you are hiding something you are more likely to slip up than if you are calm and relaxed. And, you have to admit that you gave him cause for concern by remeasuring on the beach. Gotta remember that he has probably seen all kinds of guys land with no measuring device or think they can transport to the beach/dock to measure. It is aimed at the guy that is hiding something and the rest of us just have to suffer through it. If you had just come back with " You can never be too sure", I am sure the entire episode would have been much lighter. Once you realize that this is a typical approach, it becomes amusing. Believe me, I was pissed off on more than 1 occasion when approached like this before I noticed a pattern. It is a small price to pay for keeping poachers at bay (or is that away from the bay?).
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #10
deepdvr

I'm just surprised he missed all those shorts you had stuffed in your bong.

You kicked ass that night wade. One day, when I grow up, I want to be a buggin machine just like J Wade.

It was a really good idea to toss that one bug that was a coin flip on being a legal. No doubt you would have gone rounds with him on that sucker.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
T Bone

I have been Dying to go toe to toe over a bug that is actually 3 1/4 on the $ instead of waiting till they are 3 5/16.I had 2 last night like that.And I swear the tail on one of them was as big or bigger than the keepers.I kept one until I got an unquestionable keeper and then wussed out...

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #12
Billy V

I'm not sure you can actually fk the lobster - but he didn't dispute that as being illegal either.

- Get ready lobster - here it comes - scream if you want to.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #13
FISHIONADO

If you measured them 100 times already why are you measuring them on the beach near the water? It just looks really suspicious. Not hating, just sharing a different opinion.

"I'm a conservationist, I'm an animal rights activist, I'm a vegan". WTF? What were you trying to say?
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #14
Gigafish

Nice set for your first outing of the season.:lobste r:
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #15
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Is that 'Power to the people' by B. Marley I hear in the background? : luxhello:
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #16
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
If you measured them 100 times already why are you measuring them on the beach near the water? It just looks really suspicious. Not hating, just sharing a different opinion.

"I'm a conservationist, I'm an animal rights activist, I'm a vegan". WTF? What were you trying to say?

So what your essentially saying is that i should stand down at all times,especially when I am obeying all laws, & put my tail between my legs when i am treated like an jerk by some schmuck with a shiny little badge, eh?..
thats not gonna happen...not in a hundred years...

WTF is right!?!
If you cant understand why I was measuring them...
Well then, you sure aren't going to even begin to comprehend why I am a Conservationist...
(Yes it does look extremely suspicious i admit. completely.you are right 100% there.)
But,...You dont treat innocent law abiding Kayak fisherman with rude and harassing behavior from the start..I was way up on the beach not near the water, so I wouldn't have been able to throw them into the water btw..As you heard, he has met me before, and I told him that EXACT same damn line upon his consistent rude choice of wording his questions previously, and tried to put him at ease by introducing myself and explaining my views, similarly like an honorary member of the dfg..& as always especially on opening night you can be 100% guaranteed He will be measuring my bag no matter what I was doing..
You can come down on me all you want about how I might make the kayak fishing community look bad from this, but it is His attitude and behavior that needs a check..or a firing! Note to Johnny Law: in case your reading this: Become a full fledged Cop. That is your true calling..They need to start hiring some new agents with at least a High School diploma and some decent people skills..What happened to the days where they were once as knowledgeable in the field as a Marine Biologist ect.. I used to fully enjoy talking up a storm to those types of agents for hours on end!..This asshole on the other hand, comes across that EVERYONE is doing something illegal and he will treat you as such, until one proves without a shadow of a doubt that in fact you are completely innocent..He is the only one making the FEW decent DFG agents look bad..Had I been in the bushes, digging a hole, stuffing my shorts with shorts, stashing them in my hull,selling them on the beach,tailing them, or serious suspicious behavior like so,...THEN he can come up and taze me, shoot me, harass me or whatever he feels necessary in that case scenario..until then, use some discretion Professor Theology..

What he should have done was approached me and said something like the following:

DFG-"Hello Guys, Hows this Season Opener treating you? (Politely)
Did you get any decent sized bugs tonight?
I have to inspect your catches, please.."
(something to that degree)

Response:
"Why Yes Sir! We had a GREAT night!
Feel free to do as you would like...."

& a nice DFG closing like:
"Way to go guys, thanks again.. enjoy your bugs!!!"
(would have been nice departing comment ..)
Instead.... he was honestly pissed off that we were following all laws and regulations & he didn't get to write a precious ticket..that is the problem here.....

1mea·sure
a (1) : an adequate or due portion (2) : a moderate degree; also : moderation, temperance (3) : a fixed or suitable limit : bounds
b : the dimensions, capacity, or amount of something ascertained by measuring
c : an estimate of what is to be expected (as of a person or situation)
d (1) : a measured quantity (2) : amount, degree

I think I will now go into the trash and dig out the rotting carapaces and measure them just one more time for "good measure"...
Old 10-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #17
FISHIONADO

Still not hating, but it sounded like you threw one back because it was questionable size. Was that at the hoop net or at the beach?.And which animal are you an activist for. Peace, seriously, but you shared on an open forum and it's an interesting topic.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #18
wade

Quote:
Still not hating, but it sounded like you threw one back because it was questionable size. Was that at the hoop net or at the beach?.And which animal are you an activist for. Peace, seriously, but you shared on an open forum and it's an interesting topic.
Quote:
I know your not hating bossim just worked up from them, not u..
just stating my position for clarity.
I threw many lobsters back that were 3 1/4" spot on that night!!!.
Not 3 & 3/16..
3 & 1/4".
I only keep ones that are over 3 1/4" , & I filed my gauge down with a metal file on both side of my caliper!...

again I did nothing wrong, i NEVER threw anything away on the beach.

@ exactly 2:16 seconds you will see me & hear me say:
"He just made it, He is JUST 3 1/4"
(100% legally able to be kept by California Regulations)
@ 2:23 seconds, I drop it in the Pacific and released him...
( & that was just 1 out of over probably 10+ that night fyi)

& @ 4:17 seconds you will hear me tell him again that:
"& Every time I am going to make it clear that you guys are a bunch of Natzis"!.......

(My personal beliefs, religion, diet and lifestyle, are well...kinda personal.
I don't preach them to Anyone or really even discuss for obvious reasons.. Unless confronted in such a manner as to defend my actions..
In person/on the water I wouldn't mind boring you to death if you should really be inquisitive as to my campaigning...
Old 10-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #19
FISHIONADO

Cool, I'm interested, I'll bring the beer.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #20
Whizz Bang

My $ .02

Again I stumble across yet another post I gotta reply to, even if it is from the other side of the world. To those of you who are defending the warden on this..... Some of you know what I do, a very few perhaps. I did not swear an oath to defend this country so that the kid who was bullied in school could go on a power trip. I have been briefed by both local law enforcement and federal agents. This mentality and approach is often utilized by all agencies. Similar to pulling in tight behind someone and swerving in their lane, causing your eyes to follow, your hands to follow your eyes, and giving them an excuse to pull you over.

I really dont want to hear about how this guy is preserving LJ with his BS tactics, or about duty or sacrifice, or even that the ends justify the means. I dont know how many mortar rounds/rockets/IEDs/or small arms fire he has dodged protecting our jewel from poachers, but I am pretty sure I got him beat. Again, no excuse. Good on ya Wade. F'em.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote