Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
Superduper
Junior

Beautiful Day on the water in LJ

Wow, is summer here? Lunched 6:15 am to small surf and big swells all the way out to bait grounds. Don't want to mention the rouge wave that nailed me on the way out... nothing like starting the day out WET!!! Made nice Greenback Macs in minutes. Headed out around the corner, one pinned down deep and the other fly lined. It's been a year or so since I fished La Jolla so the kelp was hard for me to make out and I was not sure if it was massive bait or kelp most the time. I found out it was both. Man there was a lot of bait. Birds crashing everywhere most of the time. Threw iron for 2 large greenbacks. No mas. cruised out to the PB's and saw they were bouncing off bottom for rock fish. I headed further out and decided to stop for a moment to take it all in. "WOW" this is a beautiful day. Pods of Dolphins passing by... Sea Lions splashing around with the Dolphins. Darn Dogs - probably chasing Yellow Tails that id like to hook up... Knowing the bite wasn't happening I chose to just chill and take it all in. Man it's a privilege to be fishing in La Jolla. I tell you what, we do have a great place here with an abundance of life everywhere. I didn't even get a bite today but I did get a whole lotta pleasure being on the water. It doesn't get any better than this... Wind did pick up around 11am so I headed in through some nice chop. As I was heading past the buoys I looked around and wished I was with my son. He would have enjoyed this day on the water. Perhaps one day he will join me for an adventure in La Jolla. He's only 9 and doesn't like the open waters. Eventually I will get him out here so he too can see through his own eyes what we all have to enjoy. Today was a scratch on the fish count but a good mark for being on the water. Perhaps the YT's will show up soon...
Superduper is offline   Reply With Quote