Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
skiptomyzoo

How did you end up in San Diego/California as well as gain employment?

I know this isn't exactly relevant (didn't see a lounge section) to kayak fishing but hopefully someone can provide valuable insight on how to get a job there as most of you are in the area...

My story:
After driving frpm Ohio to San Diego to visit the area (as well as most of the state), extensive research, significant downsizing, and building up savings, I am set and ready to relocate to the area and have been applying for jobs for the past two months. So far most of the positions I apply to typically don't respond and sadly the ones the places that do are because they saw my resume online and want me to act as an agent (insurance, ADT security, payjunction, etc.)

Therefor, I would like to weigh in on everyone's opinion and my question is as follows:
Is it best to literally just pack up the car and go? Obviously getting a job first would be ideal but that hasn't proven to be realistic so far...

I feel that having a local address and phone number may be the the key difference as there is probably many applicants from out of state. I understand you can do this without living in the area but then you still won't be available at a moment's notice for an interview.

My background includes 2 years experience in high-end sales (commission only), Bachelor's in business, and some master's course work in Zoology if that helps dictate your answer any.

Thank you in advance,
Brent

Last edited by skiptomyzoo; 08-29-2013 at 09:13 PM.
skiptomyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote