Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
Sherm

Christmas bugs 12-18-09

Late report. I went out Friday night the 18th. I usually don't like to be in the yak out buggin on a weekend night but the tides and conditions were right so off I went. I hit the water around 4pm to take advantage of the outgoing tide to make an easier paddle. While paddling out I see a boat go buy and I hear a couple guys yelling at me. I couldn't hear what they were saying and couldn't make out their faces. I paddled on and 45 minutes later I was out at the spot and setting hoops.

When I got to the spot I saw that boat again and it was a couple BD'ers. I was solo on the water that night so some company was cool. Then another boat with some of the regular BD guys started to show up. These are the hardcore guys and I didn't expect to see them on the water on a Friday night. More company.....cool.

The next thing you know another small baot shows up ands starts dropping hoops right on top of us. What the F...... oh....it's yet another of the local BD guys. It looked like a frickin BD party out there with the boats and my yak and the BD stickers. We know how to work together so everything went well. Except the buggin.

A piece of shit sea lion was pestering the hoops most the night. I had one cage completely trashed and it made me fish with just three hoops instead of four. At one point I was sitting in the yak and having a cigar while I waited to pull. The next thing you know my frickin bouy goues right by me and then stops. I short tug of war with the dog and I got my hoop back. No damage and the hoopin continued.

Hooped until 10pm and then headed in. I wanted to take advantage of the last of the incoming tide.

Lot's of people on the water that night. When you scanned the horizon it looked like christmas lights had been strung across the horizon because of all the boats.

I did manage 3 keepers that went just barely legal. Released a few shorts. The last pull before I left seemed to be best. I ran into a buddy of mine (Greg) while paddling in. He was on his way out and I gave him some info before we paddled our seperate directions. I hope he had a more successful night than me.

The conditions were awesome that night. Dead calm water, clear skies and no moon. Enjoyed a good stoagie and saw four shooting stars while floating around on the plastic. Just a great night to be out despite the sea lion.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Sherm
Attached Thumbnails