Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
stevejonny
Junior

Talking I want a Malibu Stealth 12 or Pro explorer

Looking for a kayak that has all the basics. rod holders, bait tank, battery, fish finder, good seat, good paddle. I'm in the market and have $$ if the package is right. thank you!!
stevejonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
bigdez93
Junior

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=16646
bigdez93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejonny View Post
Looking for a kayak that has all the basics. rod holders, bait tank, battery, fish finder, good seat, good paddle. I'm in the market and have $$ if the package is right. thank you!!
Where were you a couple months or weeks ago. I just traded an almost brand new Pro Explorer (used 3-4 times in fresh water). Fish'n'dive model with the "Gator hatch" and a COD seat (check out the new Seairsport pacific angler seat ), 2 flush mounted 30 degree rod holders sealed w/ splash caps, cart, anchor trolley. Paid full price $799+tax. No takers so traded it in to OEX SSB "ANDY" for my new Outback.
Check with OEX SSB and see if they still have it & see if fits your needs & buy the extras. Paddles are a personal preference type of paddler (hi-low angle), type of shaft aluminum, fiberglass, carbon fiber,straight or bent shaft and finally length.
Bait tanks you can make, find on here used, or you can buy new and know where it came from and can get support if anything goes wrong.
Fishfinders can range from very cheap (useless) to very expensive. Check a posting for a FF from ebay listed in the for sale section (amazing price!).
Best to start with basic yak, then personalize.
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
john858
Junior

I have a Stealth-12 that I'm interested in selling. I've had it about a year-and-a-half and it's a great fishing platform. I've taken pretty good care of it with washdowns after every use. It's been fished so it's got the usual beach rash like most used boats. I've done some custom work on both the sonar mount and the quick attaching custom crate that hopefully you can see in the attached photos. Also comes with an adjustable anchor line you can see in one photos that you can use for an anchor or drift chute. I'm selling it with a Lowrance HDS-5 Gen-1 with Navionics Fish-n-Chip included...the transducer is mounted through hull using a Hobie foam block and plumber's putty and works great. You'll need to provide your own battery though since I plan on hanging onto mine. It also comes with a GTS Expedition Seat ($190 new) that is comfortable as far as kayak seats go and I've owned a few different models over the years. It comes with an entry level Werner Skagit paddle that's in perfect condition and is a good starting point before investing in something more performance-oriented. Bait tank works great and all seals are good. I'm asking $550 for all and hope it goes to a good home. Let me know if you are interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 022513 315.JPG (190.3 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 022513 318.JPG (140.3 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 022513 321.JPG (159.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 022513 325.JPG (167.0 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 022513 323.JPG (138.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 022513 324.JPG (155.0 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 022513 327.JPG (102.1 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg 022513 320.JPG (113.7 KB, 88 views)
john858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
stevejonny
Junior

I'm sick with jealously

figures I stopped looking for ONE DAY. I did pick up a 'blem' Pro Explorer for cheap, but not THAT cheap. . thank you for giving me the heads up everyone!!
stevejonny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pro explorer, stealth 12