Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Zee
Junior

NorthWest kayak fisher checking in

Hey Guys,
A long way from your waters but you guys get me through the deep winter checking out your reports. I've been a lurker too long so finally signed up. I probably don't have a lot to contribute in respect to fishing similar species but I do hope to make it down there for some mother shippin' and hopefully can enjoy some of what the NW has to offer.
Fish on my bruddahs.

Z

Here's one species we do share:
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Very Cool ..........I like variety!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

You guys need to get out in the bays when the chinook are in. Also maybe hoopnetting for some dungies... Those are some reports I would love to see.
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
MalibuJohnny

Yo Zee

Where abouts are you fishing?

Plannig a early trip north around Morrow, maybe further.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
SeaDog

Thanks for the report, definitely cool!!
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:59 AM   #6
landwhale

Thanks for the report always interested in what fellow yakers are doing in other areas hope you can get down there are a number of mothership trips coming up. I am looking forward to another trip to the Channel Islands and there are San Clemente and Mexico trips on the schedule. Keep the reports coming

Steve

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
Zee
Junior

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Quote:
Where abouts are you fishing?
Plannig a early trip north around Morrow, maybe further.
I'm in Seattle and fish Puget Sound most of the time. Gimme a holler if you get in my neck of the woods.

Quote:
You guys need to get out in the bays when the chinook are in. Also maybe hoopnetting for some dungies... Those are some reports I would love to see.
That's my bread and butter, Puget Sound. We have year-round stocks of Chinook and Coho to keep us busy but also Pacific Halibut, Steelhead, and Lake Trout as well.

I usually use box-type traps like Danielsons or Promars for crabbing. I like to drop my traps before I go salmon fishing and then pick them up on the way back in. The box traps keep the Dungies from dine and dashing.

Z
Old 03-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm in Seattle and fish Puget Sound most of the time. Gimme a holler if you get in my neck of the woods.

That's my bread and butter, Puget Sound. We have year-round stocks of Chinook and Coho to keep us busy but also Pacific Halibut, Steelhead, and Lake Trout as well.

I usually use box-type traps like Danielsons or Promars for crabbing. I like to drop my traps before I go salmon fishing and then pick them up on the way back in. The box traps keep the Dungies from dine and dashing.

Z

That would be cool to see some pictures of that. I grew up in Portland and would love to get back and fish either Tillamook or Nehalem Bay. That's awesome, drop pots and fish, empty pots and go home. Either way you're going home with dinner.
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
Zee
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbrinkman View Post
That would be cool to see some pictures of that. I grew up in Portland and would love to get back and fish either Tillamook or Nehalem Bay.
Here's a few OR highlights from last year.

Nice keeper dino

Extra tasty spring Chinook

If you ever come through, drop us a line @ nwka.org and let's go yakfish. We've got a lot of members in that area. That goes for everyone here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbrinkman View Post
That's awesome, drop pots and fish, empty pots and go home. Either way you're going home with dinner.
Yeah, when it all comes together and I get to bring home a few nice salmon and dungies... the fam is soooo happy!

Z
Old 03-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
THE DARKHORSE

Welcome aboard, Zee.

By the way, nice kayak .
Old 03-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #11
Podaker

i just happen to be going up to your neck of the woods next week and might try to get some fishing in. any info about the area would be great (places to rent gear, or areas to fish) i will be staying in squim just outside of port angeles. shoot me an email if you want podaker@gmail.com
Podaker is offline   Reply With Quote