Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #1
buddha

Makobob update

One of the members of my FB Group lets call him JT gave me this report on Makobob.

Makobob update
I had a chance to sit with Bob this evening in his hospital room. He's doing as well as can be expected, but the situation is slightly more serious than previously related to me, which I shared with Buddha.
Bob has been dealing with a foot infection for a while now. 5-6 weeks ago he was at the VA for surgery. The surgery site developed an infection internally, but it went undiagnosed, as the symptoms were attributed to the foot infection. It became septic, and took him down on Sunday morning.
His cardiologist discovered the internal infection yesterday, and has had him on a rigorous antibiotic schedule to clean things up. They discovered that his arteries were 90% occluded as well. He has been having difficulty breathing the past day or so, and as a result, they accelerated his surgery timetable, and he'll be having an angioplasty tomorrow morning.
He's at Tri-City hospital in Oceanside in room 129, no current ETA on when he might be released, it will likely be dependent on the results of the angioplasty tomorrow.
He expects that he will not be traveling to Baja until at least the start of next year. Those that have trips planned are still welcome to travel on their own, but Bob won't be along for the ride. Keys are available in the usual place.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #2
buddha

Please delete as I see that Jason reported already about this.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote