Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2023, 08:29 AM   #1
PapaDave

DP - Christmas eve

So not having any social or family events, or shopping to do, I decided to head to Dana Point. Had a little of a late start due to being lazy, but launched around 8:30am.

Weather was great, not glassy but close, no real waves or swells. There was a little wind from the SW but not much. Wind did pick up later though. Water temp was around 62 or so, bait was very nice, 4-5 inch sardines and lively. I also had some shrimp.

Headed to the south to see what's around, had a few strong hits but missed them. Not sure what's going on with that, my hooks don't seem to be setting very well. Drifted an area that had a lot of sonar activity but aside from a couple of misses not much on the sardines. Tried the shrimp and after a bit landed a nice sheepshead. Drifted through a couple of more times and got another nice sized one and a couple shorts. Headed back in when the wind picked up.

Decided to fish my way back to the launch and picked up a couple of small halibuts at the harbor mouth, real small, maybe 10-12". I might have been catching the same one as they were all the same size more or less. Also got a couple of decent sized Spotties (released) as well. And that was about it, not too bad for this time a year.
Old 12-28-2023, 12:23 AM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Cool to hear that you made it out and had some action - Good therapy!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years!
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote