Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
GHOSTHUNTR

1000 miles of waterways, if your not a local it can be like finding a needle in a haystack. There are plenty of big stripers in there at certain times, sometimes even in schools. I used to work at H&H landing(Herman and Helens) when I was a kid, blast from the past for sure.
GHOSTHUNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Amish Ed

Great report. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
YakMedic

Awesome trip Jim, nice mods on the skiff.

I did a trip up there with a few buddies 3 years ago. We fished Frank's tract and the false river. It's an amazing place but we didn't get any fish over 18" either. The next trip I do I plan to fish from Rio Vista to Antioch and see if I can find the bigger models.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTHUNTR View Post
1000 miles of waterways, if your not a local it can be like finding a needle in a haystack. There are plenty of big stripers in there at certain times, sometimes even in schools. I used to work at H&H landing(Herman and Helens) when I was a kid, blast from the past for sure.
Yeah I totally get that. It was fun but also frustrating because I knew there were probably bigger fish around but with so much area to cover and with so many small fish around it was hard to find them. Like looking for a larger needle in a stack of needles.

It could take years to learn that place, maybe I'll head up there when I retire ha hah ha...

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 07-20-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Thanks for the post! A good read and some fun!
Now that my medical issues are being addressed and my claims are being closed (or want to be before going to court). I should be able to drive for more than a couple hours and kayak without too much discomfort.
My ex-girlfriend, her son and daughter-in-law and grandchildren live up near Santa Rosa and have been inviting me to visit since they moved.
After a trip to SD for some Tuna, I plan on packing up the yak and visiting them to bringing them some Tuna and visiting the grandchildren before they really start to get big!
Then heading for the Delta to Fly fish for the bigger models that you were searching for.
Have heard stories to whet my appetite about the "Frank's tract" area. I could have fun catching small jailbirds on the fly all day long! Then after that gets old head down towards the sea to search for the bigger models.
Again thanks for the post!
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote