Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 01-20-2016, 04:04 PM   #21
Iceman
Administrator

I never found the Adventure/Revo 16 to give up any stability over a Revo 13
Old 01-20-2016, 08:48 PM   #22
TCS

I have an adventure and have fished a lot with guys on revos and PAs. The adventure has two big advantages. First is how well it handles launch and landing in bigger surf. Particularly coming in. You can have a pretty big wall of whitewater come in behind you and you just drop your feet in the water. The pointed stern punches through the wave and with the extra length the wave goes right under you. Then you run behind the wave. On a revo you might be okay in this situation, on a PA, just make sure your stuff is secure and pray.

The other advantage is less effort expended per mile. The adventure just glides. Particularly when it's choppy, when the extra length and knifey outline cut through the chop rather than bouncing over it. Disadvantage? You're practically sitting in the water. Guys on PAs are high and dry, stand up to pee, have tons of room the carry stuff. I don't see many advantages of a revo over adventure.

One other thing. I load my yak on the roof of my tahoe. Pick up one end and lean it against the back pick up the other end and push it up. The length actually makes this easier. I don't think I could get a PA up there.

Hope this helps.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:03 PM   #23
TCS

This one seems like a pretty good deal. Not mine, don't know seller.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/spo/5390322273.html
Old 01-22-2016, 06:09 AM   #24
h2ofishfo

That helps thanks guys my main reason getting out of my old revo is my ass is always wet want the vantage seat but if I'm gonna up grade why not go adventure if there's added advantage gaining 3 ft in length but losing 1" in width ok with that
Old 01-22-2016, 06:13 AM   #25
TCS

I'm thinking about upgrading as well. I'd recommend you test one out. One other difference I thought of: it's harder to get into the front hatch of the adventure when on the water, particularly when you have your sonar mounted in front of the peddles.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:55 AM   #26
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ofishfo View Post
That helps thanks guys my main reason getting out of my old revo is my ass is always wet want the vantage seat but if I'm gonna up grade why not go adventure if there's added advantage gaining 3 ft in length but losing 1" in width ok with that

The new skinny boats are nice with the vantage seats. The new seats help with not making the boats feel so skinny, especially in the high position which is what I normally have it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:13 AM   #27
h2ofishfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
The new skinny boats are nice with the vantage seats. The new seats help with not making the boats feel so skinny, especially in the high position which is what I normally have it in.

good to know but any noticable loss off stability in the high position ? And I figure that about that hatch normally I just scootch along straddling the yak till I get to the hatch anyways
Old 01-22-2016, 07:13 AM   #28
YakDout
Brandon

Minimal that is noticeable.

YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #29
h2ofishfo

Just bought a brand new revo16 ! Question though I always use the back straps on the revo 13 to secure the tail on fish over 20# are you still able to secure them if so how ?
Old 02-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #30
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ofishfo View Post
Just bought a brand new revo16 ! Question though I always use the back straps on the revo 13 to secure the tail on fish over 20# are you still able to secure them if so how ?

No need to do that on the 16. Tank well is bigger than the 13, so the fish fits in the back without any need to strap it in using the rudder strap.

Any day I need to figure out what to do with a 20 lb fish is a good day

steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:44 PM   #31
2-Stix

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
No need to do that on the 16. Tank well is bigger than the 13, so the fish fits in the back without any need to strap it in using the rudder strap.

that picture is just plain ridiculous.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #32
surfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post

You win. Your selfies are just too good! haha that build thread on your old adventure was insane! So cool to see all the modifications.