Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #1
dpricenator

New rods, need Ideas on the reels.

Oh boy, now I’m super geeked out. I just met with a guy from craigslist, who was selling a couple rods. I just picked up these for more than 60% off the new price. They’ve been fished a few times, but are in REALLY good condition. I guess now I get to stop by Turners on the way home and spend the money I just saved on a couple of reels and some line. A bunch of us from work are taking the twilight party boat out next Tuesday. Guess who is gonna show up with the goods. I only had 2 higher end rods, but they are for overnight boat trips to Mexico, fishing for YT and BF. Both of those are the Triple Helix Californians from Turners. Both 9foot deckhand Wraps. 1 is 20-40 lb line and the other is like 50 – 80 lb line rated. Can’t/won't take those on the Yak or on a party boat fishing for halibut and bass. These 2 New rs will be nice for both of those uses. fficeffice" />>>
>>
Seeker BCSW706-7'S Blue Lightning Inshore Spinning Rod>>
>>
Seeker G 270-7' Black Steel Spinning Rod>>
>>
Any suggestions for spinning reels that won’t break the bank?>>
dpricenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:49 AM   #2
dpricenator

So paired these up with a couple Diawa Avalon 4000's Put 40 lb Spider Wire Braid (white) and 15lb Flouro Leader, on both. $44 a pop at Turners, so not the best, but they look great and will be fine, up to the 20lb range. Heading out on the party boat with several of the bosses from the office. Since I am providing their rods, having a couple extra nice rods is....well.....Nice. Wish me luck.
dpricenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #3
T-Rex

New rods, need Ideas on the reels.

Sorry for the late response. The Daiwa BG series of spinning reels is very nice. For more info on spinning reels, check out AlanHawk.com. I’m not familiar with the Avalons, they’ll probably work fine, but at that price point reels tend to have more plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk