Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
KatFish

Should change my name to Scaredy Kat!

So we set out to fish La Jolla for the 3rd time first time we all felt sea sick and had a bad crash landing cuz the surf and swells were super bad that day. The second time I chickened out as we pulled up to off load. The third time I almost chickened out but I knew the hubby would have been super disappointed. So he helps me and the kid get in the water by 8 am and we all feel fine swells aren't bad. So we fish all day. I caught my first calico bass and my first two brown rockfish. I was stoked! Then I got something big I yell to the hubby and say I GOT A BIG ONE! Both me and kid were looking at him like what now and as I start to reel. We see a thresher shark jump high right next to him and bam SNAP my line broke cuz my drag was too tight : ( but it was awesome watching him jump! I
would have let him go but he didn't know that lol Stuck in utter amazement! Its was like watching some of your guys videos in real life! Just after that the hubby has something big! He caught a big bat ray. He had fun with him lol this was the kids first time fishing by herself. Daddy's little warrior : ) well it's 3 pm and time to head in, the hubby makes it. The kid makes it. I head in and again I take one for the team the yak hits my head I'm pissed! He's like babe your accident prone cuz we all know I jumped off the doc and cut my leg a couple of weeks ago and it got infected. After antibiotics I'm finally healing! Now I have an egg on my head! I guess he can't take me any where WTF well it was fun
none the less I hope you get a out of this.

P.S. he said he's going to make me wear a helmet from now on lmfao
Attached Images

KatFish is offline   Reply With Quote