Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

A 3 Day Insane Story

Well it's my turn ladies and gentlemen to share the story that will nock your stinkin', fish blood soaked socks off.

Let's start at the beginning on the first day of this fiasco. Monday June 14, 2010. Started the day at 11:00 am with a newby by my side hoping to get him off of his calico craze and onto some real fish. Found some interesting marks on the bottom, dropped onto it and I knew it, the candy is here. At this point I am shaking I'm so stoked I made that first candy and after a half hour I loaded up on the best bait around and started looking for the "right kind". After setting up with fresh baits we find a good sized egg bed and set up our first drift. 15 min later first bite and yanks the squirt right off. Second drop 15 min and finally a decent hook up. I could definitely tell it was a ghost, and it was hauling ass. Fought it one handed trying to get my bait stick outta the water with the other hand and bring up this 49 lb ghost up in about 2 min no gaff necessary. Newby was stoked and I slip the brute into the hold. It was slow the rest of the day.

End of day 1

Day 2 Tuesday June 15, 2010
I am running solo this day and I all by myself at 12 noon no one in sight. Check one on the list to success. Make the best bait in the ocean and a lot of it and I am off and pedaling. Check number two off the list. Within 10 min first fish slams the money rig set into it good fought for about 3 min and it was over. No gaff shot necessary running about 42 lbs ok decent fish, but I knew better. Release!!!! Bye bye and down she goes. 1:00 pm here comes the calvary a.k.a the crew. Josh, Chris, Jerry, Yani, Wade, Leo, and Eric Easy E "the usuals". Josh and I are working the Lowrances hard and here it FUCKING COMES OH MY GOD! It was the fattest marks I have ever seen and no just big but thick. Like as in 50 feet thick. Wow, first drops and bam I swear 5 seconds and it was on and not just me every rod in the water was bent double holy shit I have never seen such a C fuck hahahahaha. 9 rods bent and we are all hooked on the right kind. Anyways 6 fish landed, my second and another release. Ok start looking again and for 5 hours this pops up again and again. It was so ridiculous that me and Josh had our selfs a bet of who could bring up a whity up on the Ulua first. Alright, so we get ready, get out the stop watch find fish, drop down, set the hook I'm on, start the clock, stops at 3 min. "Alright, Josh your turn!", drops down, hook set, start the clock, 3 min. So I see his fish and it was definitely bigger so I gave it to him bye bye $20 damn. Here's my long losing fish and another released fish.

And here's one of Leo's fish and Josh's monster bass hahaha

Alright so final count for yours truly 9 whities total 1 black seabass. 8 whities released and one toad kept definitely big fish honors for the day 52.25# weighed on beach.

End Day 2

After a great day how can one sleep at night the ghosts were swimming in and out of my brain. Day 3 June 16, 2010 increase in white seabass limit to three per person. Just when you think it couldn't get any better the crew comes out again and it was the same story much slammage and a Josh I have never seen or heard before. He was worse than a 13 year old with his first playboy, just laughing and smiling with a bent rod hahahaha. In the first hour of fishing I landed 7 whities, landing 3 in 5-7 minutes. A crazy start to a fantastic day. Started to slow down and after 3 hours i was right back to where I was again same as day 2. 9 fish, all released and I set a goal of getting a double digit count. At 6:30 I set out searching outside the flotilla of yaks and find them. Drop down, pop one off, tie on another magic rig drop down and bam I'm on, last fish of the day take him home, no gaff necessary and go home with the knowledge that I did the near impossible. 10 white seabass ended with a 45# freshy and 9 released.

Crazy week went out Friday got 1 more to end the week. Has been slow lately with an added touch of high surf. In the last two weeks i have landed a total of 33 whities and only kept those three pictured don't need to keep to much seabass these creatures are so beautiful and I want to prove those enviros (MMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG) wrong, about the recreational fishing community we fish for the thrill of the hunt and the feed our family the tastiest damn fish in the ocean, not exterminate. MLPA is stupid. See you guys out there and let the yellow frenzy begin haha if you were out there on that bite post those pics below and I'll see you all out on the water.

Last edited by The Kid; 06-28-2010 at 01:15 PM.
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote