Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
45user

Best place to buy some kayak fishing supplies

Hi fellas,
So I need to buy rest of my yak fishing gears. I need a gaff, fish net, fish clip & kelp clip then I should be set for now. ( guess I need a paddle leash also)
Where is the best place to buy these gears?
Thank you for your help!
45user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
tacklebox
I got gas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45user View Post
Hi fellas,
So I need to buy rest of my yak fishing gears. I need a gaff, fish net, fish clip & kelp clip then I should be set for now. ( guess I need a paddle leash also)
Thank you for your help!
I have an extra paddle leash if you want it.

Where are you located? There is a kayak shop in irvine called southwind kayak center . Its kind of expensive but has most everything you need.- 17855 Sky Park Cir Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 261-0200

Sometimes dicks sporting goods has some good sales. I got the paddle leashes for $2.50 I think, a bilge pump for $5 and some other kayak stuffs for pretty cheap. -
Dick's Sporting Goods
24821 Alicia Parkway
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Laguna Hills 76‎
(949) 472-8180

Also sports chalet will have the fish clip for around $20 if you cant find it anywhere else.
Gaff and fish net can be gotten at probably any one of these places.

let me know if you want the leash.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Look @the colored toolbar above. That will lead you to the OEX MISSION BAY "online store". You'll find that you'll be hard pressed to find better prices.
When I ordered my HOBIE OUTBACK from OEX SSB anything I didn't already have, I just bought there. I had bought some items on eBay that were cheaper @ OEX.
There might be cheaper places but I haven't found one yet!
You can also check the "for sale forum" for some items. Check with "Fishaholic" he has all sorts of stuff, mostly gear (rods, reels, jigs, etc.), but ask you never know!?!? He always seems to have all kinds of things!
Just my $.02
FFY.

Last edited by FlyFishinYakr; 03-06-2013 at 02:10 AM.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
45user

Thanks for your replies!
I am in la county near 5 & 605 fwy meet. I will take a look OEX online store. Just trying to save here and there
Old 03-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
Matar
I am just me.

Call Andy at OEX in Sunset Beach.
Matar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #6
FishNinjaY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matar View Post
Call Andy at OEX in Sunset Beach.
X2

You can also check kayakfishingsupplies.com which should have pretty much everything you need and prices are decent. I bounce between Amazon (for reviews, occasional buys), eBay, Craigslist, and HFS.
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
jorluivil

Quote:
Thanks for your replies!
I am in la county near 5 & 605 fwy meet. I will take a look OEX online store. Just trying to save here and there
I'm near Cerritos college, I visit OEX probably once a month for some of my kayak supplies , they have just about everything that i need. There are several websites that may have lower prices but you don't get the knowledge and personal touch that comes with the purchase. If you're in the Norwalk/Downey area you're only 20min or so minutes from OEX.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
45user

Thanks guys! I'm going on Friday afternoon to the show
Hopefully I get some deals on supplies. I will have to pay a visit to OEx again to install ff and some mounts
Jorluivill
Yup, I'm in Norwalk area. Hopefully I will see you on the water soon!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #9
madncrzydm

Remember you can always look in the DIY innovations thread to find some ideas how to make some of your own stuff like a kelp clip. http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=6394
Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #10
Saba Slayer

FHS

There some great buys at the Fred Hall Show in Long Beach this week and at the Del Mar show in a couple of weeks.
We stocked the OEX booth yesterday with folding nets and floating telescoping gaffs...see you at the show.
Jim / Saba Slayer
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #11
FishNinjaY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
There some great buys at the Fred Hall Show in Long Beach this week and at the Del Mar show in a couple of weeks.
We stocked the OEX booth yesterday with folding nets and floating telescoping gaffs...see you at the show.
Jim / Saba Slayer
Mr. Saba Slayer!
Hey, will you be there today? Where? or are you at Promar?
On that note, is there a list or map online anywhere listing what vendors are at what booth numbers/locations?

I'll be there at 1pm.
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #12
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Hi fellas,
Thank you for your help!
Paddle leash is easy, do you have an old dog leash? That's what I use for my paddle leash, it's thin, it does the job. If you don't have one go to a $.99 store and pick one up. Also while you are there you may find some cellphone charger cables, make your own rod leashes. Walmart has a great net for less than $30. Gaffs and game clips you can pick one up from OEX online store. Check out the Share your Innovations page, and youtube there are a ton of suggestions for saving money on gear by making it yourself.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote