Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
Mr Yaker
Junior

2010 Hobie Mirage Pro Angler Fishing Kayak w/ Turbo Pedal Drive +Xtras

2010 Hobie Mirage Pro Angler Fishing Kayak w/ Turbo Pedal Drive +Xtras -$2300

2010 Hobie Mirage Pro Angler Fishing Kayak Pedal Drive system with the Newest Turbo Fins. Plus extra gear like the live bait tank, Dry bag, paddles, fish net, Wheels etc. Great condition bought new at the end of '09, very luxurious stable FAST and comfortable kayak. Here are some details about the boat. Feel free to email with more questions. Cash only.

Specifications:

Length: 13' 8 " / 4.17 m

Width: 38" / 0.97 m

Hull Weight: 88 lbs. / 39.9 kg

Fully Rigged Weight: 138 lbs. / 62.6 kg

Capacity: 600 lbs. / 272 kg

Volume of forward Hatch Liner: 16 gal. / 60.6 l

Volume of the center Hatch Bucket: 2.9 gal. / 11 l

Rear Cargo Area: 5.1 ft2 / 0.47 m2

The new Hobie Mirage Pro Angler. One of the world's lightest, most efficient,
feature-filled boats on the market today. A revolutionary design breakthrough with extraordinary stability. It has everything you need to maximize your angling experience without sacrificing comfort, functionality or storage capabilities.

The Pro Angler comes loaded with features that put it in a class by itself. With a capacity of over 600 lbs., you can bring it all. Protected horizontal storage for up to six rods and two additional vertical rod holders. Space for 13 Plano? tackle boxes, three in-hull storage compartments, plus an additional large on-deck storage area for an optional livewell or cooler. You get a fully-adjustable, breathable Cool Ride seat, a work area/cutting board and replaceable mounting boards on each side to attach your fish finder, GPS, lights, or downriggers.

>

Last edited by Mr Yaker; 08-02-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: ad price
Mr Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
jasonb

price?
jasonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
Mr Yaker
Junior

$2300
Old 08-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
dnichols36

nice boat!
dnichols36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
Jim Sammons LJKF

Quote:
The new Hobie Mirage Pro Angler. One of the world's lightest, most efficient, feature-filled boats on the market today.
Where did this text come from??? The PA is a great boat but Lightest, come on.
From the Hobie site
Fully Rigged Weight: 138 lbs.
If that is one of the lightest I sure as hell don't want to get one that is on the heavy side.
Like I said it is an awesome boat but a little truth in advertising is in order.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
Where did this text come from??? The PA is a great boat but Lightest, come on.
From the Hobie site
Fully Rigged Weight: 138 lbs.
If that is one of the lightest I sure as hell don't want to get one that is on the heavy side.
Like I said it is an awesome boat but a little truth in advertising is in order.

Hahaha......I have a PA and its the heaviest turd on the water. I am selling my Thule racks because I cant lift that fricking tub above my waist!

I was wondering when someone would call him on that!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Jim Sammons LJKF

The funny thing is that it is Hobie that is making this claim. The text he put up is from the Hobie site.

Quote:
Look no further, your answer has arrived. Introducing the new Hobie Mirage Pro Angler. One of the world's lightest, most efficient, feature-filled boats on the market today. A revolutionary design breakthrough with extraordinary stability. It has everything you need to maximize your angling experience without sacrificing comfort, functionality or storage capabilities.
I am not Hobie bashing here, I think they make a very good product, though I prefer paddling. I just find if funny that they list a boat at over 100 pounds, then call it one of the lightest.
JimSammons.com
Old 08-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
shortstack

Boat

The new Hobie Mirage Pro Angler. One of the world's lightest, most efficient,
feature-filled boats
shortstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
Kesepton

Im with short stack on this one. I think of it more as a boat than a kayak really. And in that case, it is. How many boats can you load on your roof, if you wanted to I mean.
Kesepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #10
Gino

Ya its a boat! Seen some dude out of Dana with a yellow PA hes got a 5HP Motor on it with Fuel bags! You cant even put that on a Cobra Fish n Dive. Seen him driving down the freeway with it strappted to his car. Didnt look safe!

Try dragging that bad boy up a sandy beach with the scupper cart

That thing is pretty Heavy
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #11
Jim Sammons LJKF

So I guess that since it is a boat it won't be allowed in the tournament.
Kidding
JimSammons.com
Old 08-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #12
-scallywag-
Banned

a BOAT for sure !!!! or maybe peddle powered panga?

I've seen those prangles on the roofs of a few beemers (like the shinny red one in the background)...funny stuff almost as wide and long as the car....

Nice yak!!! why ru selling?
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #13
EVS911

For those of you who have a PA, how fast can you go in this thing....realistic....fully loaded..

Also for the seller...why are you selling this .....are you willing to do a trade and cash...?
EVS911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #14
toby

I usually use my hand held Garmin Etrex Vista C GPS on my launches from the shores. I hit the trip computer and it usually reads: maybe top speed 3.9 mph, average 1.7 mph and allot of times when cruising about 2.3 mph. The average time includes fishing for bait and milling about, plus travel time. I have had a speed over 4 mph a couple times. That might be to prime the bait tank or just wanting to blow the doors off a Chevelle or something.

That's fully loaded.

I have put my PA on top of my Tundra Camper shell. I do it the same way the guy does it on YouTube.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by toby; 08-02-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: add the last sentence
toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #15
Mr Yaker
Junior

To All posters: Funny u should mention it but main reason I'm selling is because its Too Heavy For me to lift easily but I do agree with the poster who said its light for a boat for surely it is a real boat. As a kayak its in a class of its own. Doesn't even resemble a kayak out on the water. Got several comments to that effect last time I took it out.
Sorry I haven't posted a response for a while, my computer broke. So if u all could b so kind could u keep the posting to a minimum of serious inquiries about buying now that we have all concluded that Hobie thinks 88 lbs is one of the worlds lightest Boats and I am now forced to login and reply to u all on one of the worlds "fastest" (hA!) phones the horribly SLOW blackberry storm. Thank u! And Yes open to trades so long as the yak has pedel drive and its a great deal.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
dnichols36

is this still available?
dnichols36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #17
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

I have had it up to 5.3 mph on the Humminbird 385ci GPS. That was really pushing full on hard. A comfortable fast speed is 4mph when it is calm. It's a beast but I love how stable the thing is. The center gear hatch is great. The front has massive room with the liner removed. I did upgrade my seals on the front and center hatches to have a dry hull. Hobie should have a blue water edition of the PA with better seals and a longer rudder. I used the cart last sunday to move the PA off the torn up beach and with the big wheels it was not to much of an effort. Having a truck to load it in the back is key. Putting it on the roof rack would not be fun fully loaded. I still want to get a Revo as a second kayak, but I'm still recovering from buying the PA.
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #18
Oolie
Headshots Only

it's luxurious because you have the luxury of peeing while standing up?
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #19
neil travisano
Junior

hobie pro angler for sale

is it still available?
neil travisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:06 AM   #20
Mr Yaker
Junior

Sorry for not responding promptly first my computer broke and now I'm not receiving any emails to alert me when there is a message on here. PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL AT THIS ADDRESS: craig.lister23@gmail.com if u r interested in coming to see the PA. I don't log on here ever..
thanks