Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
toomeymd

Noob

Hoy! Name is Toomey. I live in Lake Havasu AZ. I run a HOW Chapter here. Headed back to SD Aug 8-11 to fish SD Bay and LJ. Joined this forum because every google search about kayak fishing Baja eventually led to Makobob and here. Me and a couple other vets from the HOW chapter are gonna head down to Gonzaga in Sept. We'll be fishing for 5 days somewhere around the 13th. It's my bday present to myself...lol If anyone has any info, pointers, warnings about that area in Sept please let me know (like avg wind for that month). Prob camp unless we can find a very cheap room to rent. There will be 2-4 of us.
Thanks in advance!
toomeymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:00 PM   #2
King Saba

Use Magicseaweed for the weather, tides, swell, etc.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #3
monstahfish

I've only been once so can't help much, wind is definitely an issue in baja. Be cautious as it can come out of nowhere and be very strong. Krocodile or kastmaster type spoons seem to always work too.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #4
YakDout
Brandon

Noob

You said it yourself, makobob. He is a really knowledgeable and generous guy who knows gobs of info on that area and baja in general. In fact, its safe to say that if he does not comment here within the next couple of days, chances are he is down there right now!

Also, baja is the place to try out tackle that you think might not work. Chances are it will catch fish down there. Some guys here make small metal jigs out of old metal silverware, and kill it. Saves the bank too because there are quite a few toothy fish down there. Make sure you bring some wire along with. Good luck and looking forward to report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by YakDout; 07-19-2016 at 10:08 AM.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #5
toomeymd

Awesome, thanks for the info! Yeah, I think makobob is either there or on his way right now.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
tacmik

Keep checking, Makobob will reply. If interested, you are more than welcome to our HOW event that is being held on the tenth of Sept. on Mission Bay.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #7
toomeymd

I appreciate the offer. In the future I'd like to travel out and see y'alls operation in SoCal. In the meantime I have a trip to Cali in Aug, a trip to Baja in Sept, and a HOW fundraiser tournament to start our chapter in OCT here in lake Havasu...my fishing calendar is looking pretty good right now...lol
Old 07-22-2016, 01:27 PM   #8
tacmik

If you are down in this end of Ca. in Aug, we have an event on Aug. 13th. You can see when we have our events on this site under HOW. Always welcome.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #9
toomeymd

Actually since you offered...I'm in SoCal 8-11 AUG. Since y'all are putting on such successful events I was hoping to pick your brain for ideas to get my chapter up and going. We have our opening fundraiser tournament 9 Oct (Columbus Day weekend). That's a Sunday. Y'all (and that includes everyone on the forum) are more than welcome to come out for it. Bass, striper, and big cats here in Havasu!
Old 07-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #10
tacmik

Awesome. Hope you make it. Stay in touch. Can always PM me thru this site. Mike
Old 07-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #11
toomeymd

Sounds good!