Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
katz
Junior

Hobie PA seat vs. Other...

For those of you with experience sitting in both, how would you rate the seating in the PA vs. the seating in other syle kayaks. I was watching the Hobie video on the PA seating system and it seems pretty impressive.

Thanks!

Kraig
katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by katz View Post
For those of you with experience sitting in both, how would you rate the seating in the PA vs. the seating in other syle kayaks. I was watching the Hobie video on the PA seating system and it seems pretty impressive.

Thanks!

Kraig
I don't have a PA but I don't think you can compare the PA seats to 'other' seats. Why you ask? To my knowledge the Hobie PA's only come with one style of seat so there is no way you will be able to compare the Hobie PA seats to the traditional kayak seats.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
katz
Junior

I don't own a Kayak but was just daydreaming online and the seat on the PA looks very different (and comfortable). Just wondering if people who have used that seat and others think there is a big difference.
katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
ful-rac
Emperor

Can't speak for the new vantage PA seat but the original PA seat is awsome, very comfortable, but doesn't have the adjustabillity of the new one. Compared to my stealth seat...the PA seat wins hands down.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
blitzburgh

The original PA seat was great...but the new seat is reeaally comfortable. Night and day compared to the standard kayak seat. Some of the after market seats are nice though.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Sdspeed

Could a PA seat be adapted to say a Stealth 12/14 ?
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdspeed View Post
Could a PA seat be adapted to say a Stealth 12/14 ?

Im sure anything is possible...but if you want a PA seat buy it with a PA.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
BigCahoona
Junior

I had a Cobra Navigator X-F with a traditional kayak seat. It was fairly comfortable but after 4 to 5 hours of fishing my back would start to ache. I recently bought a PA 12 and there is no comparison. Seat is super comfy and with all the adjustments you can Taylor it to suit your needs pretty well. Would be hard to go back.
BigCahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
jruiz
Large Member

I see most traditional kayak seats as butt pads with back support. PA seat is an actual seat that suspends you from the deck of the kayak.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #10
Mr hooks

Only had the OG pa set it was good for me but for your needs, might night not work, check the specks. Ask your local Kayak shack to hook u up. I'd not don't buy from them. Always ride befor u enjoy. As u should.
Mr hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #11
PapaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by katz View Post

Thanks!

Kraig
I don't think you can compare it. I have a PA14 and it is by far much more comfortable than the Outback seat, even though I upgraded it. Also, it is dry. I have been in that seat for 12 hours many times in the summer.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #12
RockyRaab

My PA14 is the only yak I've ever owned. It's a 2011 model, so it has the original (not current Vantage) seat. The only change I made was to raise it a couple inches to give me a better angle to the pedals. I do use an additional pad on the seat, but the seat is comfy without one. It's a great way to carry a throwable life preserver just in case. One of those classic square ones fits the seat perfectly.
RockyRaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #13
Baja_Traveler

I'm on my 5th (or 6th if you count the squirt boat) kayak, and can say with no hesitition that the vantage seat in my PA14 is the most comfortable seat I've ever experienced. I can go all day in my touring kayaks, but not as comfortably. For a SOT, the vantage seat sets the bar pretty high.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #14
Sully1

The Hobie seat is the most comfortable I've sat in, and makes fishing all day not only do-able but enjoyable. I have the PA 14 2010 and can't wait to take it out again.