Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
Hunters Pa

Lots of pedaling, not much to show

Launched at Redondo about 8 in search of rock crabs. Pulled 4 or 5 sets of three, moving them each time for one rock crab. Hooped 80-100 feet. Saba stopped by with some pointers and spot suggestions that I used por nada.

Did get a nice sandy to break the monotony. Mack's were plentiful at the first pole. Newly built bait tank ran like a champ. Usual dogs, distant porpoise and a humpback that waved hello

Someone in the parking lot said he saw a catch worth talking about by "someone that had a kayak with those pedal thingies" but that's their story to tell, not mine
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:06 AM   #2
Saba Slayer

Next Time...?

What a beautiful day Shawn...the off-shore winds would pick up then drop down every hour or two...the Bonito were WFO on the south side of the canyon and a few nicer Boccasio and red rockfish that bit the AHI jigs.
I had another friend hooping for crabs inside of you and he had the same results...I guess they just didn't want to crawl yesterday!
The best part of the day was that Humpback Whale...this was his second day in the area. He was just lazing around and taking shallow dives.
There was so much life out there it was like a National Geographic film....Porpoise, Sea Lions, and the Humpback all feeding in the same spot and Bonito and Macks puddling all over the place. I also caught a couple of Sandies and a few Calicos on the rockfish spots.
Hopefully this weather will get the critters out and crawling and we'll get some Lobsters later this week.
Good Luck

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote