Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 05:00 PM   #1
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

It wasn't a pretty picture

I made it out on Saturday and got in on the action too. I launched at 5 am with esdees, made bait at the pier in the dark and as we were leaving the pier I heard the radio chatter startup. As I paddled out I just hoped the fish would stay around until we got out there. What a day, 2 hook ups on the mega bait yo yo, landed one pulled the hook on the other. Both hooked about 2 cranks off the bottom. My bait got taken for a ride twice but missed the hook set on both . The one I landed had a small squid still hanging out of its mouth when I got it on board. 23# and 17# for the two. The day was about as good as it gets.
My fish:

esdees and his fish:

I couldn't go on Sunday, Had soccer game, but sure enough at 9 am my buddy calls me asking if I can carve up another YT for him, this one at 23# and change. He landed 2 this weekend. One each day. Bastard.
Sundays fish for esdees:
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
katchfish
Paddle for Mahi

TD and Esdees way to kill the yellows!

I can't belive the amount of busted yellow cherries and multiple hookups!! :shock:

Brad wants to know if he can have is squid back.............please(he hates the IRON). :roll:

Ken
katchfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

It was a blast being out there catching and watching everyone else hook up. I have caught more YT on the yak than I did offshore this year 2-0.

If I would have seen the squid haning out the YT's mouth before I got to shore I would have put it on a hook and sent it out.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote