Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #1
seaquinn
wishin' I was fishin'

Need a report on Mac availability....

Hi there, just posted a question to get a current report on whether there are plenty of macs available and easy to get. I'm planning on a trip tomorrow.

If anyone has a current Mac report, would be appreciated.

And thanks to the report I got about a few weeks ago.
seaquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #2
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaquinn View Post
Hi there, just posted a question to get a current report on whether there are plenty of macs available and easy to get. I'm planning on a trip tomorrow.

If anyone has a current Mac report, would be appreciated.

And thanks to the report I got about a few weeks ago.

Bait has not been an issue whatsoever for me this winter fall and spring, specifically larger sized macs; i usually always fish with larger sabiki hooks.. Been hitting it at least once weekly for as long as i can look back.. Last Friday @ the Shores with a 3 hook sabiki was pulling them up 3 at a time when the bait balls passed but, Mixed sizes as well, a few ounces to nearly half pounders + ... they have def. been on the larger size this season and abundant to sum it up!

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #3
seaquinn
wishin' I was fishin'

Smile

Thanks for the updated report!
seaquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
FISH11

If you mean LJ. I was there today. Bait was hard to find. Took over an hour and finally make 10 but all were Spanish. Couldn't make more than 3 out of any bait balls found. The Sealions didn't seam to mind. Those pieces of work still stole 4 from me and I finally went out west far enough to loose them, but no Yellows. Couldn't even find good marks today. Almost all the boats and kayak had left by noon. I'm guessing because of how dead it was. Landed at 2:15 and only had one bite just outside the kelp, and I'm guessing it was a large Calico or Ling, cause when the mac was diving towards the bottom as it got close something grabbed it and pulled it down hard. I guess I should have given it a chance to swallow it. I was afraid of getting stuck on the bottom and pulled on the rod a little too soon. This was the first time in a couple of months that bait was not easy to make.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #5
h2ofishfo

LJ yesterday bait everywhere if you want Big Macs there at 100ft straight off the reserve . Macs are beating up on dines south of the condo also