Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #1
GregAndrew

Thanksgiving Turkey

Well, since my dinner plans were not until 7pm on Thanksgiving, I thought I would enjoy a leisurely day on the water at LJ. Leisurely it was too, with next to no surf and light wind. Made a few Spanish and half a dozen small greenies at the cluster of dive rocks off the Cove. Was looking for some bigger baits, and found that they wanted the sabiki cast out, on the pendulum type of fall (same thing worked again on Friday). Fished the larger baits all day, until the last bait down, with very little interest (at least that is what I thought until reviewing the video later). Finally got a nice bite about 11 that did not stick. Brought up the camera to see that it was a nice Halibut. Sent a fresh one down, along with the camera, and back-tracked my trail on the FF. Within a minute she was all over the fresh Greenie. Got her to the kayak and sunk my home-made golf club gaff in her (unfortunately, it was not a great location nor did it go all the way through her). As I was attempting to put the game clip in she freaked out and snapped the gaff in two. On about the 6th or 7th time yakside, I finally got her clipped. 32.5#. Will post some pics when I figure out what I want to use instead of Photobucket, or video if I get a real wild hair?
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote