Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Podaker

chance of a lifetime

went out Saturday to try my luck at some white sea bass. had fresh spectra on, got some squid, made some macs and parked myself on the edge of the kelp. bait was all over the place and it was hard to get my squid down past the mackerel without them eating it. when i did all i got was a couple of sand bass.
then i tried live bait ,made a couple of moves and still nothing. one of my friends decided to go out for some rockfish to at least put some tacos on the dinner table. i told him i was going to see if there was some yellows around at the spot and then head back in.
looks like he will be eating rockfish tacos while i'm eating my first yellowtail from the kayak. the reason this fish is the chance of a lifetime is my other friend (billy) who decided to come with me shot about 8 minuites of video!!! how many people can say that they have their first yellowtail from a kayak on video?
thanks to billy for the footage and also thanks to my brother neil for geting the video on the internet and adding the cool tunes to the video (primus). the video is kinda long but i hope everyone enjoys it http://www.vimeo.com/3913072

Last edited by Podaker; 03-29-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Podaker is offline   Reply With Quote