Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
20 May mako-ville final update

Robert Moore aka Makobob
Baja trip update. I will be at Johnnys Shell Station in El Cajon at 3:45 am on the 20th. For those meeting there we LEAVE at 4 am sharp. We need to be at the AM/PM in Calixico at 5:45. From there it is cross the border, get FFM's and on into San Felipe for fuel and breakfast at Los Poblanos between 8-9 and then on into mako-ville arriving in camp around 11am.

Kai, AKA Baja_Traveler will be doing Pulled Pork in camp the first night. The weather patterns ARE NOT normal this year. The winds are higher at night this spring. Day time temps mid to high 80's. Daytime winds 5-8 Night time 10-12, so we should have no problems getting out.

Appears the yellowtail, and sierra are still going on the chew and the corvina too. Last week yellows were in the 10-15 pound range. Remember your sunscreen, and long sleeve clothing. No fun getting BURNT the first day of your trip. Tight Lines amigos.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #2
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Robert Moore aka Makobob

Baja trip update. I will be at Johnnys Shell Station in El Cajon at 3:45 am on the 20th. For those meeting there we LEAVE at 4 am sharp. We need to be at the AM/PM in Calixico at 5:45. From there it is cross the border, get FFM's and on into San Felipe for fuel and breakfast at Los Poblanos between 8-9 and then on into mako-ville arriving in camp around 11am.

Kai, AKA Baja_Traveler will be doing Pulled Pork in camp the first night. The weather patterns ARE NOT normal this year. The winds are higher at night this spring. Day time temps mid to high 80's. Daytime winds 5-8 Night time 10-12, so we should have no problems getting out.

Appears the yellowtail, and sierra are still going on the chew and the corvina too. Last week yellows were in the 10-15 pound range. Remember your sunscreen, and long sleeve clothing. No fun getting BURNT the first day of your trip. Tight Lines amigos.

The winds are trending west which makes for smooth seas. Been absolutely gorgeous for the last couple day. Bob is right. Lotta yellows. I'll leave you guys some dinner in the freezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
515 magnolia ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Robert Moore aka Makobob

By the 67 right....
Old 05-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
By the 67 right....
515 N Magnolia Ave.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-15-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
ProfessorLongArms

Almost 6 mos later, I'm so glad to see you're headed back home.

I'm half tempted to ditch out on all of my responsibilities this month, but I'll be patient for October

Thank you so much for putting something so wonderful together, and I look forward to seeing you down there in the fall.

Tight Lines, everybody!

Last edited by ProfessorLongArms; 05-15-2018 at 04:28 PM.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:47 AM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
Almost 6 mos later, I'm so glad to see you're headed back home.

I'm half tempted to ditch out on all of my responsibilities this month, but I'll be patient for October

Thank you so much for putting something so wonderful together, and I look forward to seeing you down there in the fall.

Tight Lines, everybody!
Thank you, sea you in October amigo.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN