Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
chancy94

La Jolla tomorrow?

Gonna pull the plug and go regardless of the cloudy weather, anyone else going out tomorrow morning?

Explore More http://voidventure.blogspot.com/
chancy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
Baja_Traveler

I was going to go, but I just read there's a small craft advisory tomorrow. If I go it will be for spotties in the morning before we get the predicted wind...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #3
SaltwaterSoul23
Junior

Let me know how you do bud I was gonna go out their to, but I figure I'll fish closer to the house with the weather.
SaltwaterSoul23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
chancy94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSoul23 View Post
Let me know how you do bud I was gonna go out their to, but I figure I'll fish closer to the house with the weather.
Hey man checked it this morning and saw another guy and his friend in a truck who warned us about the small craft advisory also, didn't see someone commented about it, and conditions looked a lot worse than I expected. We ended up going to mission bay and fishing the wall at the mouth instead. I'll try la jolla this week if it stays clear for the weekend.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancy94 View Post
Hey man checked it this morning and saw another guy and his friend in a truck who warned us about the small craft advisory also, didn't see someone commented about it, and conditions looked a lot worse than I expected. We ended up going to mission bay and fishing the wall at the mouth instead. I'll try la jolla this week if it stays clear for the weekend.

I saw three kayakers pulling away from the launch this morning, it looks like they took a look at the conditions and went back home

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #6
captnblood34

I believe you meant pull the trigger... With the weather you might actually be pulling the plug
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #7
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnblood34 View Post
I believe you meant pull the trigger... With the weather you might actually be pulling the plug

LOL
Old 04-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #8
chancy94

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnblood34 View Post
haha I guess I predicted my own fate

Old 04-26-2015, 05:22 PM   #9
chancy94

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I saw three kayakers pulling away from the launch this morning, it looks like they took a look at the conditions and went back home
might have been me and my buds, thought we saw some people that were out there but looked way too rough

Old 04-26-2015, 05:38 PM   #10
cell128
lizard king

I haven't seen any reports the past week. Either someone's eating really really good or its just dried up for the moment. Gonna hit it up on the 8th if some reports come In....
cell128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #11
The pelican

Its been dead. I went out Saturday and today and blanked both days. Conditions were lame. Windy, no current, lots of crap in the water. Bait was easy both days. There were three people out yesterday on kayaks but no action. Today I only saw two guys on yaks and three private boats all day. Chased a bunch of birds all the way to 300 feet of water straight off the face of the condo. That's about as far out in the middle of nowhere I have been in lj. I did hook something deep in the kelp around dusk today on a fly lined greenie but I lost it.
One interesting thing- there was some sort of micro fin bait away from the kelp. Some swam below the yak today and a greenie puked one up yesterday. I noticed clouds of bait on the sonar and dropped down the sabiki a few times with no luck near the birds and think its because they were so tiny. Anyone ever see them? Know what they are?

Pat
The pelican is offline   Reply With Quote